Tim Monahan

Apr 2, 2016
Not sure if anyone else has hit this problem, but I implemented a system update last night, and after the Android "O" had rotated for a few minutes, and the status monitor achieved 100%, the box just reverted to a black screen.
I have been onto the Beelink King Facebook site, and it is a known problem. They said the update had been suspended, but last night it was still active.
There are links on the Facebook site that are supposed to enable a fix, but box owners are saying the process does not work.
I am about to try, and I'll let you know how I get on.

I have tried a factory reset, but apart from clearing the data on the box, it still does not boot.

Hope anyone reading this is doing so before they try an update! Had the box for some time now, and this is the first problem I have had.
I am hoping my box is not a paperweight, as there will be no warranty on it now!

Tim Monahan

Apr 2, 2016
OK, I managed to recover the GT King, following these instructions.
I have model B922
Recovery process is easy (if you know how to do) ;)
1. Download old firmware version 912P0 from this thread Beelink Forum - http://forum.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=70895&extra=page%3D1
2. I used option for SD card, so prepare your microSD card (format FAT32) and copy downloaded files
3. If your card is ready, put in to device, connect HDMI and power cable
4. Put pin in small hole (bottom of the device) in order to do hard reset (press and hold about 10-15 sec)
5. After that device should restart and start read data from SD card, installation progress should appear on screen.

I now have the task of reloading all my programmes, but at least the experience gave the box a good clear out!

S Cristian

Cris
Staff member
Dec 20, 2016
London
droix.co.uk
Hi Tim,

That's awesome (the fact that you managed to get this back to life) - and great job for figuring it out. Usually, reflashing firmware is what fixes most system-wide issues.

However, if you do encounter any more issues we are one email away ([email protected])

PS: We will make a Blog post out of this just to help any other people with the same issue

Reactions: Tim Monahan

Scotty2642

Aug 17, 2021
I so wish I had seen this earlier. I have just done the update and my GT King now won't boot up. I have followed your instructions Tim, but it hasn't worked. It starts to do the install but after about 30 seconds it aborts, showing a message something to the effect of it cannot install this firmware from October 2020 over the firmware already installed from May 2021. So the update causing the problem is also preventing the fix. I am absolutely furious with Beelink because they obviously knew about this issue almost immediately, but did nothing about it. I have done the obvious thing of performing a full factory reset, which tells me the data has been wiped, but trying to reboot just shuts the box down. I have trawled the Internet for alternative solutions, and none of them have worked. I have emailed Beelink several days ago but received no response. Did I mention I was furious? So furious that I have now ordered a Mecool KM6 Deluxe, which is both higher spec and cheaper. Let's hope the manufacturers of that one don't cause a similar problem and then do nothing about it.

• Sad

Scotty2642

Aug 17, 2021
Having tried ALL the different ways of installing the Beelink firmware without success, I eventually got my box working again using Alvatech firmware as described in the below YouTube video. I am extremely disappointed with how Beelink customer service has completely disappeared now, and they ignore all attempts to contact them.

Last edited:

Tim Monahan

Apr 2, 2016
Having tried ALL the different ways of installing the Beelink firmware without success, I eventually got my box working again using Alvatech firmware as described in the below YouTube video. I am extremely disappointed with how Beelink customer service has completely disappeared now, and they ignore all attempts to contact them for assistance.

Well done Scotty2642, sorry my solution did not work for you. Did you ever manage to get to the point where your box will update OTA once again? Mine is still as was when it recovered, and although some instruction exists on how to install the latest firmware and reinstate OTA updates, I read that these processes may or may not work. My box is working anyway, so no real need of an update, but instinct dictates that updates may be a good thing for security issues in the future.

Reactions: Scotty2642

Scotty2642

Aug 17, 2021
Well done Scotty2642, sorry my solution did not work for you. Did you ever manage to get to the point where your box will update OTA once again? Mine is still as was when it recovered, and although some instruction exists on how to install the latest firmware and reinstate OTA updates, I read that these processes may or may not work. My box is working anyway, so no real need of an update, but instinct dictates that updates may be a good thing for security issues in the future.
Having got it working again, albeit with a very different looking home screen, I am very reluctant to going back to Beelink for further updates. I am very happy with the way it now works but I have now consigned it to be used on my caravan TV instead of my home one. Between my box stopping working and finding a fix that worked I had ordered a Mecool km6 deluxe which is slightly better than the GT King, so I now use that one at home.