john Toups

Oct 3, 2016
Need help! This is my 2nd droidbox I've purchased, so I'm fairly familiar with everything. But I'm having issues setting up this new box.

For some reason I am having 3 issues.
1. I can't reboot....it says "no root".
2. Box will not update because it says nothing is available, but I know there is an update because my other box was recently updated.
3. Popup screen keeps coming up asking for eight key, whatever that means.

I've seen topics on 2 out of these 3 recently, but didn't see a resolution.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi John.
With regards to the ota update can you check what firmware version you are currently on? There was a t8 mini update recently - you may already have it installed if your box is new. If there is one and it is not showing, go into android settings - apps and look for the ota up. Clear cache and data. Then go back into the ota app and see if the ota update now appears (this worked for me).
Regarding the 8 key thing, I've seen 2 instances this week and alerted Droidbox. I think it may be due to an incomplete firmware update - and can sometimes be fixed by removing the power lead from the box, waiting 5 mins and booting back up.

Last edited:

john Toups

Oct 3, 2016
I've already tried clearing the cache and data on the app yesterday. It didn't work.
I can tell I have the old version of the firmware. I've been having another mini for about 4mths now. The new box has the analog clock in the top left with the spinning circle.
Currently the build version shows: p200_2G-userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 20161022 Test Keys

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you. I did do that yesterday. (About 11hrs ago)
Still waiting....
Hi

Regarding the firmware update problem please contact us directly on [email protected] email us your order ID,link to the thread and tell us if you have LibreELEC on your device and/if you can provide us Screenshot as an attachment in the email of your box home screen that would help too.

Thank you for your patience and have a nice day ;)