PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
Hi guys I hope you can help me.

I have just received my T8 mini and connected it to my 4k tv, I bought it as my tv has no built in HEVC decoding. On setting my resolution to 4k2k 60 in android settings I found that all versions of Kodi would crash on startup and I had to set the box to 1080p for Kodi to run OK, openElec was very jumpy and unwatchable.
Since then I have tried all 4k resolutions offered by the box and none work, I know it's not the tv as my old MXQ 4k pro (s905 SoC) works at these resolutions fine. It's almost as if the mini has no 4k hardware acceleration at all.
Before I return the box does any one have any ideas as I like the box and everything else works fine.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Pete, have you posted this in the forum again by accident as opposed to contacting support direct?

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
Hi Nigal
I am sorry if I have done wrong but I thought this was a support thread, as I have received no support in the T8 mini section seeing this thread I thought that I should have posted here first.

Have tried support but it is very slow, so far only one reply from Husham in about 5 days. Reply showed no understanding of the problem.

Regards Pete.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Pete.
No need to apologise!
This is the user community forum. Support visit here from time to time but given your issue and the discussion we had in your other similar thread yesterday, I suggested you contact support direct.
If you go to the main Droidbox web page, you'll see their contact details including a phone number.
I've also tagged @SilentlyScreaming here, who is back from holiday today and should be able to help if he sees this thread or your other one.

Reactions: David Savage

PeteA

Aug 5, 2016
OK Nigal thanks for your help, tried support on Droidbox main site, no telephone number only an email support which as I say is very slow, but will look again.
Regards Pete.