Franko

Jul 27, 2015
Just downloaded Ultraflix app from play store. Lots of good 4K content. My questions are, I have a panasonic 4K tv and the droidbox hdmi cable is in the 4K hdmi port on the TV. Do I need to choose the 4K setting on the droidbox, and what refresh rate do I set it at? Do I keep the 4K settings on, even though most of the time I will be watching 1080P?. And finally, how do I know I am watching pure 4K?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Just downloaded Ultraflix app from play store. Lots of good 4K content. My questions are, I have a panasonic 4K tv and the droidbox hdmi cable is in the 4K hdmi port on the TV. Do I need to choose the 4K setting on the droidbox, and what refresh rate do I set it at? Do I keep the 4K settings on, even though most of the time I will be watching 1080P?. And finally, how do I know I am watching pure 4K?
Hi

4K support usually stand for being able to play 4K video,but that doesnt mean playing 4k video in 4k resolution.

Usually if device doesn't support 4K,you get green(blank) screen on the video,with our boxes,you can keep 1080p and play 4K video.

Regards

Franko

Jul 27, 2015
Thanks for that. The T8 does support 4K and there are 4K settings in the setup menu. I just wanted to know would it stream true 4K from Ultraflix if 4K is selected in the setup menu

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for that. The T8 does support 4K and there are 4K settings in the setup menu. I just wanted to know would it stream true 4K from Ultraflix if 4K is selected in the setup menu
Yes it would probably.

When it comes to specific app,it all depends if its supported by android version 4.4.2,because thats the version that our boxes are based on.

When it comes to 4K in general,streaming is OK without any problems

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Do check the resolution is set correctly within Android, and if you have a large media collection, you may find it helps to keep the refresh rate (so something like 24,29,30 etc) at the same value as the FPS of the majority of your video collection.