enpea

Jun 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have one of these new boxes - actually plugged in to the same HMDI port on my Pioneer SC LX901 AVR as the DROIDBOX T8S Plus it has replaced. The TV is an LG 4k OLED unit. The HDMI cable is HDCP2.1 compliant. I bought the unit because the T8S would not support DTS MA video playback in passthrough mode.

Here's the challenge. Using Kodi 18.1 I cannot get the video setup parameters in Kodi to acknowledge that the TV is a 2160p device. It thinks it is only 1080p.

Also, I can now get, thanks to the Beelink box, DTS audio to play in pass-through mode - but it will only pass through in stereo - not in the full 8 channel sound it should be. (Yup I have tried several different source files) In Kodi video playback mode, the video information pop up confirms, correctly, that the video is both 2160p resolution AND DTS 8 channel 7.1 encoded.

Any ideas for either problem, please?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The Android device as a whole may be defaulting to 1080p instead of 4k. Go to Android settings then Display and check the resolution there and if it is not 4K then switch over to that. It should change all of Android to output to 4K by default. Try updating the display settings in Kodi afterwards and this should now work.

Regarding the sound. If you go into the Android Settings then Sounds (or similarly named menu option) you may be able to change the type of audio output there. You may also need to update in Kodi afterwards.