peter jacobs

Nov 4, 2016
M8 Android box. Keeps disconnecting and connecting to tv, won't stop. just updated to latest software but still the same..

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Don't think there has been a droidbox m8 firmware update for some time so god knows what you've updated to?
Maybe try a different hdmi lead?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If still an issue and within the warranty period, drop us an e-mail with your order information.
If outside of warranty, as Nigelar said try a different HDMI cable. Also worth going to Settings and turning off HDMI auto-detection, then trying 720@50, 720@60, 1080@50, 1080@60 (or any of the HD modes offered).
Tried a different TV?
Could also be worth a factory reset if your firmware update didn't involve one.

peter jacobs

Nov 4, 2016
Thx guys, I have no idea about warranty. :( I would like to try the firmware update and factory reset.. where would I firm the proper firmware for my M8? thx

peter jacobs

Nov 4, 2016
Sorry I have no order ID. I have had the unit for over a year and wasn't aware that any warranty would be still available. The unit now just flashes the blue light when it's plugged in and shows no connection to the tv so I guess its gone to sleep forever. I have always had the problem I believe to be called (Handshake) with the tv. guessing it's my tv (55' Fluid)...what unit (Box) can I purchase that doesn't have the handshake problem? thx

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
12 month warranty, yes. e-mail us with the full address it was delivered to, we'll have the details recorded still and can check the device is correct for that firmware linked to.
Regarding a new box and your TV, will rename this thread a little to see if other members of the forum have same model, they can let you know the DroidBOX they use and whether they've issues with handshake.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you e-mail us with the info, include https://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/29587/ please. You reported the issue with a couple of days to spare (I count the warranty as starting when it arrives at your house, not when ordered). If we can confirm the device is correct for that firmware, first step will be to reflash to it. Feel free to mention you've been discussing this with me (Chris) in the e-mail.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@peter jacobs
Thanks for the order information.
This is a DroidBOX forum, you don't have a model we sell or purchase from us, so please do not flash that firmware linked to previously.

I'd recommend contacting the eBay seller you purchased from or see if you can find out the original manufacturer and check if they are able to assist.