Status
Not open for further replies.

bigj73nsb

Sep 23, 2016
Ok to start of with. I just got my MXQ pro 4k in earlier today and just hooked it up got it on my Wifi and turned on Netflix for my gf then I went to work. When I came back my gf told me that, while she was watching a show on Netflix, the box went to TV Cloud all by it's self then Netflix just disappeared from the box. Went into the app market and it says it's still installed, but can not find it anywhere. Then I went into apps under settings and it shows Netflix with Permissions stamped next to it. Not sure why there would be a permission issue with Netflix. So I figured I go check my email for a possible notification from Netflix and there was none. Only had a notification from gmail about signing of a new devise which I let through.
Ok and there is more lol.... Another issue I have come across is that I can not find Kodi anywhere on my box either.. I have looked for it also in my app market and it says it's already installed, but can't seeem to find it anywhere. I though maybe I just need to update the thing maybe so I attempted and update and only got an error saying Check failed. Check your OTA servier argent, whatever the hell that means???
If anybody has any idea of a fix for these issues I would appreciated some assistance, ty for your time...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is it possible you've not opened the list of all installed Android applications?
No update for your iMXQpro (so you already have the latest firmware installed) would trigger that error message with a typo.
Can you come and grab us for a live chat at our main site today, and we'll remote in and take a look?

bigj73nsb

Sep 23, 2016
Is it possible you've not opened the list of all installed Android applications?
No update for your iMXQpro (so you already have the latest firmware installed) would trigger that error message with a typo.
Can you come and grab us for a live chat at our main site today, and we'll remote in and take a look?
Thx for the responce! I got the Netflix and Kodi back from simply unplugging the power supply, but am having another issue with the WIFI now. It would work with a decent signal for a little while then all the sudden it will not detect my WIFI at all. Then I'll reboot the box and I'll have a signal again and this is happening pretty periodically. Not sure about the opening all the apps? I just open the apps icon on home screen, I can go through settings to apps, but cannot open most apps from there. It would be nice too get on a live chat with ya but I work form mid day to late at night, but am off Sundays and Mondays usually. If problems still persist then. would you still be available on one of these days???

bigj73nsb

Sep 23, 2016
Ok still having a problem with the WiFi connection. The WiFi will connect, but it will randomly lose connection. I go into net connections/ WiFi to reconnect and sometimes it won't show any connections and other times it will, but will not connect until I reboot the box, then it would work for a bit again then repeat the same all over again. Now I already set up a static IP hoping that would fix the problem, but still a no go. Didn't mess with the proxy settings at all, which I don't see how that would effect connection. I have other devices on my WiFi with no problems at all, so I don't believe that's an issue.
This is my first Box so I understand there is a bit of a learning curve of course, but this is another issue all together. I would like to fix this issue if it can be fixed, if not I guess I'll order a https://www.amazon.com/LEA-Networks...=UTF8&qid=1474826265&sr=1-1&keywords=net+plug and see if this could help...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you check if connecting to a different WiFi network has the same results? If none of your neighbours are likely to share their WiFi password, you could test with a mobile hotspot on your phone. Do check you've plenty of data for free on your contract if you test for a long time!
I'd also be interested in what WiFi Analyzer shows up, in terms of congestion/drop outs. See https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/justice-or-equality/ for some more info on that app.
I'm around Mondays, another thought is that we're open for chats/phone calls from 10am, so there might be a cross over possible there as well.

Sbrockets

Mar 22, 2017
This post is months old i found it trying to learn more about droidboxes but my current box is a mxq pro 4k i know it inside and out

So if you still have problems with yours get a hold of me maybe I can help

I have a new MXQpro 4k i need help desperately lol

Status
Not open for further replies.