Andyt2256

Jan 30, 2020
Hi too all . I need help adding ROMS to my external sd card , format the card too fat 32 then from root make a folder named ROMS then a folder named fceux (nes emulator) then drag and drop the ROMS in that folder ,
Place my sd card back in my rg 350 but they still don’t work , can someone tell me we’re im going wrong .
Many thanks . Andy

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Try renaming the FXEUX folder to FC (short for Famicom) and it may work.

Are the files in an archive such as .zip .rar etc? The emulator might need for them to be unzipped to .nes extension for example.

The other reason may be that the folder is still looking on the internal storage. You will need to navigate to the external card. There is an overview guide at (not specific to your device) that will point you in the right direction at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-change-emulators-default-folder-in-gmenu2x/

Andyt2256

Jan 30, 2020
I renamed it to fc like u said but unfortunately it didn’t work
My nes rom files are 7z is this compatible with the rg350 nes emulator I wonder ?

Andyt2256

Jan 30, 2020
I don’t really know how to explain this but my nes ROMS have turn up in the mega drive / genesis emulator but they don’t play but I can see them in white text soooooo confusing

Andyt2256

Jan 30, 2020
I’ve now got some .nes ROMS and they work hooray part of my problem is the 7z files weren’t the right file format

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The 7z files are archive compressed files. You need to extract them with 7zip. It does depend on the emulator whether or not it supports archived files such as .zip, .rar, .7z etc.