Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi All,
Just about getting to Grips with my box (T8-S) but I am having a problem with my A/V output - Can You Help?

My TV has an A/V input with the usual Red/Black/Yellow inputs, as well as the usual HDMI connection (Please Note> (I want to be able to use the A/V option from the Droidbox as an external source)

Whilst on Android, everything is fine, both through HDMI and also A/V however, when I switch to OpenELEC, All pictures are lost via A/V

Anyway, this is what happens when I want to change to A/V:

1. Viewing on HDMI - All Working Fine/UNPLUG HDMI Lead...connect A/V Lead>Switch to OpenELEC
2. Droidbox internet URL appears as normal, Droid goes into boot sequence.
3. Screen shows URL on screen (through A/V) connection but then goes blank to allow for the rest of the boot process to finish. After boot sequence "Nothing"

I have tried unplugging the power lead, and rebooting that way but still no good.

Here's one or two other things that might help.

I am using the "Modded" Confluence Skin (Part Of the Wookie Install)
The Video is set to 1080p within Android.
The video setting within OpenELEC is set to 1920x1080p. (not much other available) 1280x720 but that didn't work either.

Any help fellers?
Regards,
Ray(str)

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Further Checks:
It appears that the box WILL NOT work at all when switching to XBMC/KODI or even OpenELEC from within the Android menu (REMEMBER, WE ARE USING THE SUPPLIED A/V LEAD) not HDMI!
I think what is happening is, the box detects that you are connecting via an A/V cable but where it should then switch to a lower resolution for A/V it doesn't.

Have I got a duff box?

Can anyone test this for me please. Simply plug in your A/V lead (Unplug HDMI First), then connect to your TV (or whatever)(anything that has composite Red/Black/Yellow inputs)(Don't forget to select the correct A/V input on your TV)
Boot Up into Android - you should see the Android menu on your TV Screen?

Now, switch to XBMC or OpenELEC from the menu....does your display go BLANK or does it boot Ok?

This will really help me guys, as I don't know what is going wrong......may need to call Droidbox on Monday but your findings or help would be really appreciated.......not sure if my box is faulty?

Cheers,
Ray.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Further Checks:
It appears that the box WILL NOT work at all when switching to XBMC/KODI or even OpenELEC from within the Android menu (REMEMBER, WE ARE USING THE SUPPLIED A/V LEAD) not HDMI!
I think what is happening is, the box detects that you are connecting via an A/V cable but where it should then switch to a lower resolution for A/V it doesn't.

Have I got a duff box?

Can anyone test this for me please. Simply plug in your A/V lead (Unplug HDMI First), then connect to your TV (or whatever)(anything that has composite Red/Black/Yellow inputs)(Don't forget to select the correct A/V input on your TV)
Boot Up into Android - you should see the Android menu on your TV Screen?

Now, switch to XBMC or OpenELEC from the menu....does your display go BLANK or does it boot Ok?

This will really help me guys, as I don't know what is going wrong......may need to call Droidbox on Monday but your findings or help would be really appreciated.......not sure if my box is faulty?

Cheers,
Ray.
Hi

Android and openELEC are two operating system running independently one from each other.

Currently RCA on openELEC is not best suitable so i suggest to stick with hdmi.

When it comes to running Kodi(XBMC) and DBMC please take a note that some things are dictated from the wizard itself and if you are not running 1080p you may run on small problems,again depend on add on wizard that you use.

When it comes to external audio source for the box,why you don't try to connect that external source to TV and then simply use hdmi for the box.

TV is the one that when external audio system is detected it automatically switch to that system.

Regards

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Mate...Thank You!
I understand exactly where you are coming from, and you are right the suppliers EXPECT you to watch via HDMi (and that's fine)
That said, I want to be able to A/V the output to be able to watch it at a later time, but this can only be done via the A/V out!

I know that this is a grey area and frowned upon but to be honest, I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG, I just want the ability to take a disc upstairs, and watch it there.
Problem is....I can't think of any other way of doing this other than A/V.

I find it really strange that the box is sold with the facility to output to A/V, and even more strange, that they even supply a phono cable in the box to do the job, problem is....IT DOESN'T WORK!

This is a cracking little box, and to be honest, I will have to live with the problem if I can't get it to work but that said...there must be a way around it?

Any other help would be great......

Cheers All,
Ray.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ray, did we speak earlier today on the phone? Obviously you'd be talking about recording Public Domain or suitable licensed Creative Commons videos, but are you the gentleman I mentioned the HDMI box to?

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Mate.....
Don't think so, you directed me to the box that you use to upload your vids to YouTube...
You sent me a link to my private email address - problem was it was a bit on the expensive side...
Hope this helps!
Ray.

Reactions: ChrisM