Nooch

Nov 8, 2020
I've just bought & set up my new A95X Max & twice in the first 3 days, it has randomly rebooted itself for no reason. The first time was when i was uninstalling an app & the second time i was watching a stream. Both times the screen went black & a small box appeared in the top corner. There was a quick graphics display with music, followed by the A95X Max logo. At which point the screen went black again & the home screen appeared. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Last edited:

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
It sounds like it could be due to a faulty PSU? Power cuts out -> device reboots.

A simple test would be to get a very long youtube video and leave it running for a while. The second thing you've said (regarding streams) could also be simply due to a poorly programmed app. Many "less-than-official" streaming apps are often prone to a variety of bugs, in which case it'd be best to just try a variety of apps.

If purchased from us, please shoot us an email at [email protected], and we can take things from there.

Nooch

Nov 8, 2020
It sounds like it could be due to a faulty PSU? Power cuts out -> device reboots.

A simple test would be to get a very long youtube video and leave it running for a while. The second thing you've said (regarding streams) could also be simply due to a poorly programmed app. Many "less-than-official" streaming apps are often prone to a variety of bugs, in which case it'd be best to just try a variety of apps.

If purchased from us, please shoot us an email at [email protected], and we can take things from there.
Thanks for the reply, thankfully the box hasn't rebooted itself since i posted, so fingers crossed it stays that way. The box was purchased from you, i presume it comes with the standard 12 month warranty ? If so & the issue reoccurs & becomes a bigger problem then I'll send an email. I know the excellent Droix customer service will take care of it.

Thanks again for the reply.