Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Morning,

Having finally sorted my previous problem of my sons PS4 affecting my download speeds I was looking forward to watching some sport today but Acestream is buffering so badly I've given up. Details from Acestream are showing a download of just 185 Kb/s, I have searched on here for a solution without success, is there something I can try later that may put it right, thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Since acestream uses p2p technology a major player will be the number of people sharing the torrent. If there aren't many people then the service is more likely to be poor.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also, you may find that your ISP deliberately throttles the bandwidth of peer to peer based connections. Using a VPN might help with this, as I believe this masks the activity/nature of the connection from your internet provider, however the ISP could also throttle VPN connections/the VPN service might not be fast enough/the VPN company may not allow P2P connections via their service.
Have a search through the forum for VPN based discussions, there have been quite a few. It might be worth signing up for a one month account with one of the popular VPN providers and seeing if that helps with the speeds (though as Nigelar pointed out above, if there aren't enough other users on a P2P stream, nothing is likely to boost the speeds).