NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Morning people! A rather nasty problem has cropped up for me.. Pop up Ads! The browser has become almost unusable, they pop up when I'm on the DB launcher, and even when I'm using MoviesHD and Showbox!

First tried malware programs, nothing detected. In the end did a factory reset. Got rid of them for a bit, now they have just returned! Never had any problems till the other day after years of using TV box. Using the same set of apps as I always have. Any help appreciated!

Reactions: palpatine

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I posted this on the forum a month or so back.

**warning**
Showbox from many sites is currently ad infested and will affect your machine.
If you need to get it, download from the ares project forum apk section (showbox pro) and do not apply any updates (it will still work).
If you have it and are getting problems with pop up ads, download and run malwarebytes from google play. You will need to use malwarebytes to uninstall too as some versions out there do not allow normal deletion as they give themselves root permissions.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks Nigelar! Do you know if Showbox is the only culprit? Tend to use MoviesHD as main source of entertainment.. Thanks again.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Malwarebytes will tell you.
It could be - there are ad infested versions of moviehd out there and some safe versions.depends where you got it from.
I use the ares project forum links for both which are safer.

Reactions: sblabs

nikinecek777

Jan 6, 2017
Morning people! A rather nasty problem has cropped up for me.. Pop up Ads! The browser has become almost unusable, they pop up when I'm on the DB launcher, and even when I'm using MoviesHD and Showbox!

First tried malware programs, nothing detected. In the end did a factory reset. Got rid of them for a bit, now they have just returned! Never had any problems till the other day after years of using TV box. Using the same set of apps as I always have. Any help appreciated!
hi dear friend,i am using adguard premium version and all ads and pop ups sorted,my adguard is all the time on and monitoring my internet.

Sent from my HTC 10 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
I stay away from apks as I used to have that problem. Addons are just as good for movies and live streams

Reactions: sblabs