kingy72

Mar 1, 2017
A couple of sport apps i use on my box wont work any longer saying im using a adblocker but as far as i know im not using any!The app makers said the box makers must haveca adblocker in the box,so does anyone know how i can find this and turn it off?Thanks..

Sent from my LG-D722 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We've not put any ad blocking in our firmware AFAIK @kingy72 . Something like that would get promoted as a benefit, go to Settings>Apps and scroll through the apps, have a look for any you don't recognize, post back with their names and we'll check them out.
If all else fails, you could try a factory reset, but let's see how it goes with checking the installed applications first.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
okay.. so following on from your other post in another section thats now been locked (see the confusion as @Nigelar mentioned;) ) what are the 2 apps in question?

kingy72

Mar 1, 2017
We've not put any ad blocking in our firmware AFAIK @kingy72 . Something like that would get promoted as a benefit, go to Settings>Apps and scroll through the apps, have a look for any you don't recognize, post back with their names and we'll check them out.
If all else fails, you could try a factory reset, but let's see how it goes with checking the installed applications first.
I cant see any i dont recognise,thanks anyway...the funny thing is when i do use a adblocker on my tablet the two apps work fine...its only happened on my two androud boxes...

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
have you tried clearing cache and data on both of those apps? if that doesn't fix try uninstalling and reinstalling them

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You might want to check if you have an adblocker installed on your browser (check extensions as well).

Reactions: kingy72

kingy72

Mar 1, 2017
You might want to check if you have an adblocker installed on your browser (check extensions as well).
Thanks,ive now tried everything,turned off pop ups on my browser,even deleted some apps that might have affected it like a spotify adblocker but still not working...time for me to give up and just use kodi on my box for sport...shame as the streams from the two apps were far superior to kodi and any other app ive ever had..

kingy72

Mar 1, 2017
I sent a email to the maker of onebof the apps and he said the box providers some times put stuff in that blocks google ads so thats why the app isnt working..

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I have the new WSS 2.0 app working fine on my droidbox, the 1.8 won't work anymore.

Last edited: