FantasygGhost

Feb 22, 2015
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to add/remove apps on the home screen, like you would do on your tablet or phone. Instead of going to "all apps" or "local apps". Same as you have with XBMC is now. There should be a way to add a shortcut on the home page.

Thanks for any reply.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It depends which launcher you're using. Some of them have a little + sign next to a list of apps, where you can personalize which ones are shown.
Another approach would be to install another launcher. People have their favourites, but if you have a VIP remote or similar, then Go Launcher EX from the Play Store is quite good, let us know if you need a hand with it.

FantasygGhost

Feb 22, 2015
It's what came with the imx 6 droidbox itself. No idea if there is a launcher on it. If there is, what would the name be?

My guess is it's the 3DLauncher app is that app that was pre-installed. Problem is i don't have any options in it. As soon as i click it, it goes right back to the home screen.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There isn't a space for custom shortcuts on that launcher's homescreen. However if you click on Local apps, you can select which favourites you want to appear there.
If you want a more stock-Android-launcher experience, where you can create shortcuts on the homescreen directly, there are quite a few in the Play Store. If you have an air mouse type remote control, or a touchpad/mouse, then Go Launcher EX is worth looking at.