jiggamantis66

Jun 18, 2015
So I've seen alot of videos that show XBMC displaying icons for favourited addons to save having to click into movies etc.

I looked at this guide and my system menu has no settings tab.

Can someone explain how to do this? I'm trying to set it up so I can access the likes of Zeus and Phoenix without having to click all the way into add ons and browse through the list each time.

Thanks.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi normally go to system, Appearence and on your right under skins should be setting.
Click here and then go to short cuts and add the ones you want on your home screen.
To do this click on the one you want to change then a list will come up, just click the one you want to add.
Hope this helps you...

Reactions: Chris_kn

jiggamantis66

Jun 18, 2015
Hey David,

When I go into the System menu in XBMC I only have 3 submenu items - Add-ons, File Manager and System info.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Click on 'System' top line left hand side click on 'Appearance'- click on settings 2nd line down under Skin-
Addon short cuts is in the menu on the left hand side.

Chris..

mark davies

Feb 21, 2016
hereford
my addon shortcuts on main screen have started dissappearing on start up ? i have a t8-s and my father in law has an m5 and that is now diong the same ? any help welcome

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
The might have been deleted of kodi, you might have got the message saying a add-on is no longer working, do you want to keep it if you clicked on 'No' then it's gone.
Also what version of kodi are you using, go to system and underneath system info and in the bottom right corner it says.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Also go to videos then underneath video add-ons and click here see if it's here.
If it is then go system, appearance and setting. Then on your right scroll down to shortcuts and select it again.

Good luck

mark davies

Feb 21, 2016
hereford
i am running jarvis,father in law isengard,addons are not the problem,exodus,operration robocop etc,if i have to add them as shortcuts on every start up then thats just a waste of having the shortcuts at all ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
See your point and that is a pain, I have this box and it's been good to me.
Does your father in law have the same box.
Try clearing cache in the Xunity maintenance tool in programs and see if this helps you.

mark davies

Feb 21, 2016
hereford
i only loaded exodus on his box this morning but i had to take the wife to work but going back in the morning and will take a look at exodus,what do you think it could be ? all i was thinking was a reset and start over but that still might not solve the problem ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
This file can also be found in system then underneath file manager scroll down to Profile directory. Click here and the scroll down to database and it should be here.
Now I must say at this time it should work, but if it doesn't then you might need to do a full reset of kodi.
Plus it's up to you if you do it....

Good luck