Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have not seen any droidbox controller that supports both IR and Wireless. Have you seen one somewhere? If so, you'll need to ask the supplier. I didn't think it was possible.

CEC is a protocol whereby using hdmi you can connect devices and use one remote to do certain controls. As an example, i can control my soundbar volume using the tv remote.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
DroidBOX had one premium remote control, the original (non-Plus) VIP that had the Air Mouse and keyboard via a dongle, and four buttons that could be programmed with custom infrared remote control codes, however I don't think I've ever seen (from anywhere) an air mouse/keyboard combo that could FULLY work with just infrared.
A bit late responding to this thread (not been here for around a month), but posting for future visitors/readers of this thread.

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
I'm new here and don't really know where to post this question so I just thought I'd post in the most recent activity place. I just bought a new android box and am not a tech wiz so I'm hoping somebody could answer this question. I streamed a tennis match through my box on a free site and then did the same with my laptop on the exact same site and same stream through my tv but the laptop one was alot clearer in picture and sound. I'm guessing windows is just alot better than android am am I right?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Probably technology i.e. components, processor speed, WiFi chip etc are better on a PC or laptop.
However, I would expect a stream to appear in similar quality on Android box.
Several things could affect Android performance:
- broadband speed. What are you getting on the Android box compared to the laptop?
- is the Android box connected by Ethernet or WiFi? Ethernet nearly always better.
- are you using a cheap no-name Android box with unknown components or one from a reputable supplier like Droidbox (this is their user forum)
- have you tried swapping the hdmi cable on the Android box?

Btw you can start a new thread or discussion in for example the "General Discussion" sub forum by clicking on it and then clicking on "new thread".

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
Probably technology i.e. components, processor speed, WiFi chip etc are better on a PC or laptop.
However, I would expect a stream to appear in similar quality on Android box.
Several things could affect Android performance:
- broadband speed. What are you getting on the Android box compared to the laptop?
- is the Android box connected by Ethernet or WiFi? Ethernet nearly always better.
- are you using a cheap no-name Android box with unknown components or one from a reputable supplier like Droidbox (this is their user forum)
- have you tried swapping the hdmi cable on the Android box?

Btw you can start a new thread or discussion in for example the "General Discussion" sub forum by clicking on it and then clicking on "new thread".

Ya I'll start a new thread for future discussions but might as well stay here for this one. My android box is a h96 pro plus so it's pretty good. I used the same HDMI on the laptop so it's not that. Both were connected by WiFi. How would I check broadband speed on both machines? My broadband speed is around 14 mb when I do a speed test on my phone. Does that not mean both machines would be using that speed?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ookla speed test works well on android devices. You will have to search for something for windows.
The wifi capability of machines varies depending on many things (wifi chip, interference, distance from router etc) so there is no guarantee that the speed you see on your phone you will see on other devices. It could be higher or lower.
Connect your android box to the router by ethernet is my best advice.

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
Ookla speed test works well on android devices. You will have to search for something for windows.
The wifi capability of machines varies depending on many things (wifi chip, interference, distance from router etc) so there is no guarantee that the speed you see on your phone you will see on other devices. It could be higher or lower.
Connect your android box to the router by ethernet is my best advice.

No the speed on the box is fine and no change with Ethernet. I subscribed to eleven sports and I played a match replay video and it's all pixelly. I then played the same video through my laptop and it starts out the same but then corrects itself after a few seconds. I was thinking my tv couldn't handle the definition so I brought it down to 720 and then 480 in the box settings but no change. Can't seem to find a place to change the resolution on my panasonic tv. What do you think?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do other apps like youtube work ok?
If so, then i would say it is an issue with the stream itself and something worth taking up with eleven sports. It may be the stream is not compatible with android boxes. I remember an issue with the bbc iplayer app where after an update streams were pixelated. This proved to be a code issue with the app and after some time a fix version was released.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As an update i looked at the reviews of the app on google play store and there were a lot of complaints about streaming quality. The app appears optimised for phones.
At any rate why not try a kodi sports stream. If better then you could ditch your subscription.

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
As an update i looked at the reviews of the app on google play store and there were a lot of complaints about streaming quality. The app appears optimised for phones.
At any rate why not try a kodi sports stream. If better then you could ditch your subscription.

Ya I contacted them and they said they don't support android boxes. I've also heard of other companies not supporting android boxes. Doesn't make any sense. Why support phones and tablets when most people want to watch on tv without the bother if casting or HDMI through laptop. I only got eleven because of la liga and it was so cheap. Plus the stream will nearly always work unlike some kodi ones. I spent alot of yesterday getting kodi addons but most wouldn't work or the streams were not very high quality. Do you know of any good sports addons?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would look at the bestforkodi or koditips websites. They often review and produce lists of good add-ons including sports ones. You could also try the Mobdro Android app - but make sure you get it from the official site (which is, the name of the app dot to)

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
I tried the mobdro one yesterday but it wouldn't download. Anyway I'll figure it out thanks

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
Actually after watching alot of streams live and replayed I have come to the conclusion that android box picture quality is just not good on most sites compared to watching the same sites on a laptop through the tv. Must just be that windows or the laptop is just alot more powerful. Disappointing really seen as I bought it for live streams mainly

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
Not my experience with boxes supplied by Droidbox.

How much is a good box from droidbox? What make? Isn't the h96 pro plus supposed to be a good box? But seriously you can't tell me that you get hd quality picture on your box from live sports streams. Maybe you could go to wwwreplaymatches.com and stream the highlights of France v netherlands and tell me how clear the picture is.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It depends on the source(s) you are watching from. If you are watching the exact same stream on an identical TV with a PC and Android device you will find very little difference. You may find that the PC graphics card does some post processing to enhance the output but it wouldn't make a massive difference.

Eaman

Sep 7, 2018
It depends on the source(s) you are watching from. If you are watching the exact same stream on an identical TV with a PC and Android device you will find very little difference. You may find that the PC graphics card does some post processing to enhance the output but it wouldn't make a massive difference.

That's the thing though. I have tried the same stream on my laptop and box with the same HDMI cable on the same tv and the laptop was alot clearer in picture and sound. Anyway I have found a good streaming site today called live net tv and all the sports streams I looked at were very clear. I just think alot of sites don't support android boxes