Steven Farrell

Nov 12, 2016
Hi, I currently have an android tv box at the moment but will be updating in the future.
Droidbox offer several different devices and I wondered which box would be the best for me and why.
I currently use my android device to watch live sport, movies and tv through kodi.
Also I believe kodi 17 will be out soon so would it be worth waiting.
Thanks Steve

Sent from my E6653 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Steven.
The t8s plus and t8 mini are all good boxes and I use them extensively to watch live sport.
Owning an android box, you will be aware that no matter how powerful a box you have, if there is contention on the host servers, then you will get buffering. However, given a good stream, both boxes perform well.
You do not have to wait for Kodi 17, once it is formally released you will be able to download it onto your box either from Google play store or the official Kodi site.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Im running Kodi 17 RC3 and 16.1 / DBMC 16.3

Dont be fooled in thinking that just because kodi 17 is out, that it's much better. OK its good but besides asstetics, there isnt much difference visable.

Most of kodi 17 new features are the way it haddles resorces etc. There is still a lot of life left in 16 yet, and 17 for android is nearly double the size of 16.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Not a lover of it myself either, new versions of anything be it firmware, apps doesn't mean they are better.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I wait a while - a long while before I update Versions and firmware etc coz there is always the usual load of messages about whats gone wrong, boxes bricked etc. Scares the hell out ov me every time a new update comes out coz I never know when to take the leap.
Im sticking with 16.1 Jarvis coz its running sweet.
Dave

Reactions: sean99