sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi all am trying to build on this but am stuck at the last hurdle (editing the xml files to make multi backgrounds global) I am used to the nox 5 skin and editing the files in there but silvo is more challenging. Can anyone point me to any tutorials on this pls or share their knowledge as have scoured the web/youtube with no luck, am using the same 'special://userdata/backgrounds\blah\' path I use in nox 5 to no avail as can't find any 'item to edit' to take this change. Not too sure if this change is even needed on the silvo mod, any help appreciated Tia.

Last edited:

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You can have a look at this about xml file backgrounds in the aeon nox silvo skin. upload_2016-7-5_13-6-6.png

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Angela you have come up trumps again, the 1st reply you gave hit the nail on the head about not touching the xml files and changing it thru file manager (as I have been all over DTG's YouTube tut's like a rash with no joy) thank you as you have just made my day.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Aeon nox silvo 7.0.0 is now an official skin and is in the kodi repository on Leia 18.1. This is a highly customisable skin and can get your personal setup to the next level, exactly how you want it and unique to yourself only. Personally used this skin for years now and mikeSILVO has done a great job updating this making it so easy to mod of late. Look here and if your interested in skinning your setup you wont go far wrong in the official kodi forum:- https://kodi.tv/addon/skins/aeon-nox-silvo

Last edited:

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
It looks mint. Im goint to give it a go. Can I customise the background pic and stuff without going into file manager to hit xml as Im on Librelec and I aint got file manger?????

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If you want to add your own backgrounds you would have to sftp into LibreElec, very easy to do from a pc. Can also be done using a thumb drive or ext hdd, but if your gonna go that way it still involves a pc and you would be as well sftp (ssh) ing into your device. Just enable ssh in L E settings and your good to go, use filezilla on pc. Let me know which way you want to go with them and I will help you out Dave.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
OK Sean99 - Im a Mac user and I can see my Droidbox folders - so will I be able to drop backgrounds into a certain folder? and of so, where? or would I still have to use FTP? I use FETCH. Also what would be the address to use in FETCH if this is my route?
Thanks mate for your time and help
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If you can see the L E folders from your mac, you already have the correct address (its just your L E's ip address anyway) you will need to put the backgrounds folder into this path .kodi/ userdata. Get your pictures (I always use 1920 x 1080 jpeg images) for your backgrounds ready,ie name them all, create a folder on your mac, name it backgrounds. Inside that folder create other folders (name them the same as what images you named) then put your images inside of each of those folders. So now you should have a folder named backgrounds, then named folders in that with named images inside of each. Now hook up your mac to L E/ .kodi/ userdata and transfer backgrounds into there.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Now to access that background folder in L E (exactly the same to create your own backgrounds in kodi on pc/ android) in file manager add special://userdata/backgrounds automatically is called backgrounds, press ok. Now when your setting up the main menu goto, system/ configure skin/ setup main menu/ select background/ single image. Now you will see your background folder and your sorted.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
My current setup at the minute, a few xml tweaks to move the things I want to within the skin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190307-000430_Kodi.jpg
    Screenshot_20190307-000430_Kodi.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 327

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Sen99 - Thank you so much. Ill get stuck into this over the weekend. Thank you again
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Finally got my silvo setup looking exactly how I wanted it to after some head scratching, also got seren running flawlessly. When setting it up and authorizing rd you need to enable cached torrents from within, vpn is a must tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190316-190122_Kodi.jpg
    Screenshot_20190316-190122_Kodi.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 327

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi again sean99 - as of all skins I have addons on front screen to get at easier, but with this one can I place apps on the front menu so I can get at my digibit settings quicker.
Just cant seem to crack it.
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes you can have any of your android apks as a menu item within a skin, programs/ arrow(top)/ android apps/ press the context menu and add whatever app to favourites. When you then enter system/ interface/ configure skin/ setup main menu. Just add from your favourites now instead of adding from add-ons.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Sean99 sorry to be a pain but I’ve followed your advice. I’ve got as far as adding the app to favourites and I can see it in favourites but I’m stuck when I try to set up main menu. I can’t seem to find it. Im using confluence skin. Can you help me please
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
You will not be able to add custom menus with confluence from your favourites mate. Not the best skin to customise imo

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi sean99 - Thank you so much. I realise now that Aeon Nox is far better at this sort of thing. TBH I didnt give it too much thought and I should have stuck with it more than I did. Its awefull when you get used to a skin and not move away from it. Im going to study this skin now as Im really wanting my apps to be on the home page and bot hidden inside the controls.
Thanks Mate
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Np confluence is just a convenient skin for the kodi beginner and without editing any xml files within the skin itself your not able to do many changes at all. Silvo has a whole bunch of settings to change within the skin and to do the majority of those changes in other skins you do have to change the xml's but mikeSILVO has encorporated these changes into the skin settings to save users searching through 1000s of xml files to edit whats needed, if you get stuck anywhere give me a shout...

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Wow!!! Thank you. I didnt know I could edit within the skin - Ill really get stuck into it. Ill install then use it for a while as standard till at least the weekend then Ill look at backgrounds etc. Ill start with adding the apps to the main menu as you described.
Thank you for the offer of help mate.
Regards
Dave