Nizzell

Mar 15, 2017
Hello,

2 weeks ago I ordered an Akaso M8S Android box.
Not the quickest android box to buy, but i thought it would be oke for watching movies with Kodi.

Then i installed OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S812-6.0-update.
Worked, but then the remote and wifi were not working anymore.

So i thought oke i stick with Android then.
After 500 forums and youtube videos, i still did not find the solution.

So how do i go back to android ?
Tried factory reset with the toothpick, but after the factory reset. Openelec still starts.

Tnx in advance !

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Your first mistake was trying to put what appears to be an android 6 update on an S812 amlogic chip. This has not been proven to work by the industry hence the issues with wifi and remote.
The usual way of returning to android from openelec is via the exit button bottom left on the openelec Kodi home screen. Also in Kodi - programs there should' be an openelec utility which has the same function.
Also, when doing a factory reset there should be an option to boot into android.

Last edited:

Nizzell

Mar 15, 2017
Stupid me, android 4.4.2

Exit button bottom left
2ewm7pv.jpg

Factory reset only options

nb6c1d.jpg

op3edj.jpg

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Forget my comment on android 6.
It sounds like you have wiped android or at least some core components off the box and replaced it with openelec.
(FYI Droidbox supplied machines are dual boot and support both o/S' but that is baked into the architecture).
As you have put what appears to be unofficial firmware onto the box, it is probable that you have invalidated the original warranty. Still, maybe putting yourself in the hands of "akaso" and asking them if they can provide you with an original firmware for your box so you can reflash maybe an option.
The only other option may be to see if you can grab an android firmware for the S812 chip on the freaktab site. You may need to experiment as there are likely many variants, some compatible some incompatible.