Ronnie

Aug 13, 2015
Anyone else having issues with the official Amazon Prime app on their T8?

I've got the app installed and working fine on my Samsung tablet, but the app won't play a video on my T8 box.

I see all the videos available, I choose a video, I click play. The spinning circle appears (as though it's buffering) but the video doesn't play and it returns to the screen where I can click play. :(

#sadpanda

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I am not certain that Amazon Prime app works "out of the box". Reading up on google, some more faffing around might be needed.
See this, for example:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-amazon-prime-video-on-your-android-tv-1779640753

Looking back on older posts here, I don't even know if anyone has got it to work at all on android boxes (as opposed to tablets).

For sure, most of the content is available from other sources.

Ronnie

Aug 13, 2015
That's nuts! (the fact that Amazon's own app won't work across devices)

I'll stick with finding my stuff elsewhere then. :)

Thanks!

Ronnie

Aug 13, 2015
Well, I'll give them their due. I sent an email to Amazon moaning about the fact that their app isn't so great across devices. Within hours I got a reply:

I understand that you are unable to stream videos on your Android TV Box(DroidBox T8 ). Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

In this case, I'm afraid to inform that Amazon video App is preinstalled in some TV's. By using the app only you will be able to play videos on your TV. It depends on the device manufacturers.

By downloading APK file you will not be able to play Amazon videos on your device.

Further, I've checked our list of compatible devices and see that Amazon Video isn't currently available on DroidBox T8. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are working to expand our Amazon Video service to a broader selection of devices in the future.

When Amazon Video is made available on a new device, it appears on our Compatible Devices page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/ontv/devices

In this situation, I've personally forwarded your comments as a feedback to our Amazon video development team and they are working to add this device to compatible devices list.

Thanks for your understanding in this situation.