DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
I am using output through Composite Video (720 x 576 pixels / PAL). So everything is blurry / fuzzy, and text is unreadable.

I have seen in some places a resolution that indicates that desktop seems to be originally 'rendered' in full HD 1080p, and then is scaled down to whatever resolution the output devices is.

I think if I could set the desktop to originally render at a lower resolution then more apps's text may be more readable (maybe).

Does anyone know how to set the interface rendering resolution?

-

Solution: Use An Additional App

Use the app NOMone Resolution Changer (or similar apps): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It might be worth looking in the Developer Options, but I don't recall seeing a reference to native resolution there. DPI or similar could be worth playing with.
Boot up>Settings (cog icon)>"Other" tab>More Settings>.... this is from memory, so might not be totally accurate, look for About Phone, About Tablet or About Device and click it. Now click the Build entry 5 or 6 times. Go back one screen and look for a new entry referring to Developer (this is all assuming it isn't present already, obviously). Worth backing up any important data and having a cocktail stick ready in case a factory reset is required post-experimenting.

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
It might be worth looking in the Developer Options, but I don't recall seeing a reference to native resolution there. DPI or similar could be worth playing with.
Boot up>Settings (cog icon)>"Other" tab>More Settings>.... this is from memory, so might not be totally accurate, look for About Phone, About Tablet or About Device and click it. Now click the Build entry 5 or 6 times. Go back one screen and look for a new entry referring to Developer (this is all assuming it isn't present already, obviously). Worth backing up any important data and having a cocktail stick ready in case a factory reset is required post-experimenting.

Looked. No options or anything similar.

I used Android on many tablets before, and the Developer menu is shown by default. Why does it need this secret method of showing it. Also how was this secret method of showing it known/discovered?

Last edited:

robit

Jun 6, 2015
As far as I know, it has been the only way to enable developer options at least on Samsung devices. Some very useful features to enable/disable there.
I had to do it on my Tab S2 and all my phones starting with the Note 1. Had no need to do it on my T8 SE but will look at next boot up.