nunya

Jun 6, 2019
I recently upgraded my Android TV Box from an old Android 7 box to a box with the latest Android TV (9 Pie Certified) and I'm not impressed at all. App market (play store is pretty empty) ok not so bad I'll side-load apk's.. But my biggest problem I'm hoping someone can help wit is every and I really do mean "every" web browser I install insists on having this stupid zoomed in view where everything is huge and looks more like a mobile view even though I set the browser to desktop mode - I'm using a 65 inch TV and it feels like every browser I use is like using a 65 inch Mobile device rather than a desktop browser. All regular websites I visit are zoomed in and there is no way what-so-ever to zoom out at a proper desktop view no matter the browser used (Puffin, Opera, UC, Dolphin, Edge, Brave, FireFox etc etc ..) so this must be an OS (Android TV) issue. I have tried all settings on my TV and it is most deffenitely not my TV as the issue goes away when I use my old Android 7 TV Box. So I ty all settings in the new Android TV (9 Pie) Box and nothing fixes it, (ie) screen res / text size / accesability etc - so can anyone please ? is this a common issue? up to now I hate Android TV 9 and if it was not for the higher spec hardware and nice 4k playback then I would go back to Android 7 TV Box. Please someone Help?

nunya

Jun 6, 2019
ps I am sorry for no spacing it also seems this new android tv os does not allow me to use the enter key on my Rii i8 remote keyboard either :(

nunya

Jun 6, 2019
It's the new MeCool KM3 and is Android TV 9 Pie Certified - it has the new official Android TV Play store but it sucks and is empty pretty much .. Andriod TV don't even come with a browser installed and the official Google Play Android TV Store only has one Web Browser (Puffin) which is not tailored for use with a keyboard, only the google remotes. This really is a step backwards by google. It's the OS not the Box!

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sideload Chrome if you haven't already. Menu icon (top right? three dots probably), "Switch to Desktop" or similar. See if that looks any better. Other browser likely to have equivalents. Also worth checking your HDMI resolution if it is set to auto, if your screen supports a higher res, might help.

nunya

Jun 6, 2019
Nah tried that all already, each browser Ive set to desktop and it does not make a difference .. also it's not res as it is not on auto its set to 4k 60hz - I even tried browsers that allow user agent change and that don't work either.

nunya

Jun 6, 2019
Seems android tv os has also changed button mapping too as I can no longer get 3 different keyboards bluetooth and 2,4g to work 100% The enter key and a few others do not respond