dangerzone777

Mar 26, 2016
Hi,

I'm still on Marshmallow 6 and the latest is Oreo 8, if there any future update for this version to be pushed out please.

Thanks,

Mike.

les5335

Dec 27, 2016
This is bad. On the home page of droidbox.co.uk it has this:

upload_2018-4-18_14-35-9.png
So why are we on android 6 Marshmallow?? There have been several updates to android 7 (Nougat), and android 8 (Oreo) has received version updates.
Are you lying on your website, or withholding updates in the mistaken policy of getting us to buy a new box?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
No supplier of android boxes running the amlogic s905 chip has successfully developed a fully functional firmware with android 7 or 8. Ugoos had a firmware for their am1 machines but they do not support ethernet connections. Users of other machines who tried to load that f/w found it broke their WiFi connection.

Technology moves on. In the world of android boxes, chip manufacturers do not make chips that will support every new version of android going forward. Sad but true. I suppose a comparison is to Apple devices where older machines like my old iPhone 4 cannot run later versions of the apple os, meaning I cannot run many of the apps I want like Google drive, WhatsApp video calling and so on.

It should be reassuring for you that I have a Droidbox that still runs android 4.4 and does everything I want. So the need to keep fully updated with android versions is overrated in my opinion. (I don't work for Droidbox btw)

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I GOT THE T8 Mini when it was new and the 905 Chip was probably the latest running the latest. But I know its old now and it wont support the relevant FW. Im still happy with it and it really does everything I want it to do with no update option. I've resigned myself to that fact.
Having said that!! if I find at some point it is rather old and Im in need of the newer system, then Ill sell it and upgrade.
But at this time, i'm still happy with it.
Dave