@CRH1980

Feb 24, 2015
Hi, I am seeking a bit advice on vpns, I currently have been using the unclogger but having some buffering issues, has anyone got any tips or instructions to get a vpn that will stop this on the T8?

Cheers everyone

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Hi, I am seeking a bit advice on vpns, I currently have been using the unclogger but having some buffering issues, has anyone got any tips or instructions to get a vpn that will stop this on the T8?

Cheers everyone
Couple of my mates use " smartdnsproxy " they have a free 14 day trial , they reckon its the best they have found for lack of buffering .
If you try it then decide to buy , wait until the last day before the trial runs out , the site will email you with a 70% off. Offer , making it around 1.50$ pm.

Reactions: @CRH1980

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
I just signed up to express vpn.......not the cheapest, but quite speedy with no restrictions. I just paid $99 for the year and loving being able to watch NBC sports extra with very little or no buffering. Take a look on their site.

Regards

Reactions: @CRH1980

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
I tried out tunnelbear and watched the golf channel for about 10 mins and it used half of the 500mb monthly allowance. But like you say Chris.....its ok for testing. But if you want a more permanent vpn which is fast with no data limit, you will more than likely have to pay for the privilege( if you wanna watch live sports in good quality i mean)
Like i said in an earlier post.....Ive been using express vpn and found it great so far.

Cheers

@CRH1980

Feb 24, 2015
Superb, going to look into all of these. The Free trial seems reasonable & willing to pay, so many out there but suppose like anything you get what you pay for. All we all want is a easy life without buffering.

Top lads!

Reactions: ChrisM

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
Superb, going to look into all of these. The Free trial seems reasonable & willing to pay, so many out there but suppose like anything you get what you pay for. All we all want is a easy life without buffering.

Top lads!
Do you have any feedback on the vpn apps? I paid for hotspot shield and it totally blocks my internet access. I contacted them and they said they dont support tv boxes and so I need to know what will work on my T8 and NBCSports Extra before I waste anymore money

I've just tried tunnel bear and this blocks my internet as well, any advice greatfully received?

Last edited:

Disciple

Dec 15, 2014
Ive just had live chat with express vpn and theyve explained that to use vpn on an android box u need a vpn enabled router. My router is a provided by BT so maybe I'm stuffed

@CRH1980

Feb 24, 2015
I had the same problem with VPN express. After a online chat they didn't really support the android boxes & push d you more about the internet only not giving anything away. Had a go of the free day trial but didn't seem to make a difference.

To be fair I have been watching the football on VDUBT25 & had no problem so see how that goes if not its back on looking for a vpn.

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Do you have any feedback on the vpn apps? I paid for hotspot shield and it totally blocks my internet access. I contacted them and they said they dont support tv boxes and so I need to know what will work on my T8 and NBCSports Extra before I waste anymore money

I've just tried tunnel bear and this blocks my internet as well, any advice greatfully received?
Am pretty sure that even with a VPN you won't get NBC live xtra , it was stopped last week , as far as i am aware you now need an active user name and password to a US cable sevice.

Beardo0150

Dec 8, 2015
Couple of my mates use " smartdnsproxy " they have a free 14 day trial , they reckon its the best they have found for lack of buffering .
If you try it then decide to buy , wait until the last day before the trial runs out , the site will email you with a 70% off. Offer , making it around 1.50$ pm.
Can this one be downloaded through the play store??

kawasakiinit

Apr 18, 2016
i have ipvanish but have cancelled the renewal in a week due to me having to mess about going to settings/vpn/ inputting 2 passwords /connect /then press home key to continue to kodi etc.

has anybody found a vpn that auto connects on the droidbox t8 mini as soon as its powered up without the need to do anything ?
cheers

dave..

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
When i want to use isp blocked addons i use flashvpn free vpn proxy from google play. The clue is in the name.

amironcarro

Aug 19, 2016
I had the same problem with VPN express. After a online chat they didn't really support the android boxes & push d you more about the internet only not giving anything away. Had a go of the free day trial but didn't seem to make a difference.

To be fair I have been watching the football on VDUBT25 & had no problem so see how that goes if not its back on looking for a vpn.
I also faced issues with it thats why i switched to purevpn because of its price and fastest service.

Paul Perriam

Oct 3, 2016
I use Kodi for live sports. The picture quality is bad (breaks up and freezes). I am using Kodi installed on a firestick. I am considering a vpn, at the moment I am looking at express vpn. They have suggested installing it on my modem. I am a newbie and don't know how to do this. Also can I download add-ons onto a firestick. Can anyone suggest some and please tell me how I do it?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A vpn is unlikely to make any difference to picture quality. The main cause of live stream issues is contention due to too many users hitting the hosting servers.

Yes you can download addons onto a firestick. I think there will be plenty of youtube videos to guide you. Also forums dedicated to firesticks. Most people here are Droidbox users which have different ways of downloading kodi and addons. Someone may be able to help though.

You'll find good lists of top 10 addons for movies and live sports on the seo michael and best for kodi sites.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Paul Perriam If you decide to still go for the VPN route, I'd consider installing an app (if the company has one) or creating a VPN connection manually on JUST the DroidBOX at first. If you're happy with how it works and want ALL your home's devices to connect using the VPN (unusual unless you live in a country where a lot (social networks etc as well) is blocked), you could then delve deeper and see if your modem can be configured accordingly.
In short, during testing, keep it to just one device would be my advice, until you know if you're happy with it.

[edit]
Should have said, if you want to play with a VPN connection for a short while, the first month is $0.99 with IPVanish if you use the link at this post - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-announces-partnership-with-ipvanish-vpn/

[edit 2]
$0.99 offer has expired

Last edited: