Spender

Sep 18, 2015
Having bought the Airmouse with my T8-S and also have the one from the box, neither seems particularly good. The Airmouse on/off does not appear to do anything. Having to have the remote at 90 degrees to the box to use the keyboard, which is glitchy at best.

Does anyone have any advice on a "better" more reliable remote for this unit please?
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try this spender to get the air mouse on/off working.

Place original supplied remote and air mouse end to end beam side facing.
Press the tv button on the air mouse until the rapidly flashing red light slows down - it is now entering learning mode.
Press the on/off button on the original remote once. This sends the code to the air mouse.
Press the on/off button on the air mouse once to read the code.
Press ok.
Worked first time for me. Suspect it may need some faffing about if it doenst work first time for you.

Spender

Sep 18, 2015
So that worked, but I have another question. When I turn the system off, using off/sleep whatever, the system shuts down but the time and blue power light stay on. I then cant switch it back on with the remote. Pressing anything other than power does nothing, and pressing the power button switches the unit off again, ie more off tha nthe already off state it was in! Any ideas if I should be able to turn the unit on by the remote without turning it off again first. Seems odd

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The instructions I gave are for switching off the box from an android session. That switches the blue light and clock off, and the box shows a red light.
Are you talking about shutting down a kodi session?
I usually press the "off" Button in the bottom left corner which displays a menu of various degrees of close down /sleep/reboot and hit the one named "exit". That returns me to android where I do the box shutdown.

Spender

Sep 18, 2015
Good question. I am using the Beast build, and openelec. Can't see any other way to shutdown from within the build. Maybe it's a build issue, but I haven't seen the problem elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk