Sebel

Nov 7, 2020
Just got this and it's quite nice. I tried the original i7 and found it a bit lacking. The i7s seems to get me just the right amount of power but I have one huge issue and maybe someone else has encountered it. Seems like a longshot but here it goes. The built in screen mapping software does not seem to work properly on mine. Like, I can set up the buttons but whenever I press the physical button, the tap on the screen shows it completely way off where I have the button set. This this is true for all the buttons. Everything is shifted over 4 to 5 cm if that makes sense. I confirmed this by using the hidden Android Developer Options that shows where you're tapping.
Physically tapping and swiping with my finger is just fine so it must be some disconnect between the software and the physical buttons.

The original i7 just worked right out of the box and was fairly intuitive despite the seemingly machine translated instructions and I had Call of Duty Mobile up and running in minutes. I'm convinced my i7s is defective unless there's an update to the screenmapping software. The phone is up to date to the latest Android. Here's hoping someone sees this.

Phil Graham

May 13, 2020
I bought one recently and I know the dpad is not good at all. It drifts quite a lot. Which is an known issue. Luckily I can use the analogue stick in most cases so don't see it as much of a problem.

On mine I've installed loads of emulators and mapping the buttons is very much trail and error.

I've been able get all the emulators working.

Not tried any games in the Google Play Store as yet.

Sebel

Nov 7, 2020
I bought one recently and I know the dpad is not good at all. It drifts quite a lot. Which is an known issue. Luckily I can use the analogue stick in most cases so don't see it as much of a problem.

On mine I've installed loads of emulators and mapping the buttons is very much trail and error.

I've been able get all the emulators working.

Not tried any games in the Google Play Store as yet.

Could you try a game with touchscreen controls and check the screenmapping software and post your findings? Call of Duty would probably be the easiest to check.

Phil Graham

May 13, 2020
What you asking me to do? Try the touchscreen controls or try and configure the physical dpad and buttons?

Phil Graham

May 13, 2020
I can't see how to configure the controller. It's not really a game I would play anyway, because it takes too long to load each time. I don't have the patience to wait each time.