rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
hi all,
i am going to install the 'ares' wizard.
it has been recommended for better exodus results.
i have wookie installed at the moment.
do i have to uninstall wookie and start fresh for ares.
thanks for any comment.
rj

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi rj,
Be clear, the ares wizard is not a build like the wookie,
Think of it as a vast configuration tool.
Amongst other things, it allows access to a selection of individual Addons (and their repositories)
Also over 400 builds similar to the wookie.
And a whole host of maintenance tools.

Downloading exodus from the ares wizard will not give better results than using it anywhere else provided the version is the latest. At the end of the day, exodus is a glorified search engine.

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
your reply has made me more aware of how things work and realise now there is no gain by installing ares.

thank you

wlewis1976

Jun 14, 2017
I installed Ares on a box. The Wizard worked once, then it would not load again after that. There was no update for it, so that wasn't an issue. I have no idea what the deal was.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
your reply has made me more aware of how things work and realise now there is no gain by installing ares.

thank you
Ares is worth having - I have it and use it.
It's a great one stop shop for stuff.
Very useful for getting hold of individual Addons and related repositories effectively by one click.
I would say that, right now, like most of the world of Kodi, grabbing Addons is a bit hit and miss.
But once things settle down ares is invaluable.
You also get access to over 400 builds including our friend sean99's.
(Bearing in mind all builds are also affected to a greater or lesser extent by the Addons issues).

The ares wizard is updated automatically often - currently on version 58.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I installed Ares on a box. The Wizard worked once, then it would not load again after that. There was no update for it, so that wasn't an issue. I have no idea what the deal was.
I too had this problem - would not update - would stop working after one use until I deleted it and re-installed from a different repo which is now the correct repo. Now it works perfect and is the latest version - VERSION 58 - which is newer the the one I originally had. I cant remember what the repo was but there is a link somewhere on this forum. Ares is a good tool.

Reactions: wlewis1976