Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
Hi everyone,
This may sound silly, but I've only just noticed when I was looking around on my T8 Mini System. When I go into ARES WIZARD to check storage I am getting 100% used and total storage way less than my T8 Mini actually has. Then when I go into my system and check - I am getting a total different set of figures. I am sure I have loads of space left as I only have four add-ons installed and only ever boot into Openelec. Can someone advise me on what is right and what I should be looking at in the way of free space. Also - if I do have hidden files is there a way of deleting - I only ever boot into openelec. Thanks in advance everyone.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Depends on whether you are checking RAM or on board storage.
If the latter i find the es file explorer - sd card analyser tool good. It breakdowns whats using what by folder/subfolder. You can then delete stuff.
There are also tools like cleanmaster on google play which will do storage analysis and offer advice on what can safely be deleted e.g. duplicate or temp files.

Reactions: ChrisM

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for your help - I regularly c;ear Cache and packages but Im still confused. I only ever use Openelec side of the box and never booted into Android. Am I right in thinking they are totally separate ? which leads me to as - is ES Explorer Android and would I really be needing it to clear files as I have never added or installed from Android???? Is there then an openelec files finder of some sorts or am I being bothered about something or nothing??
Sorry for this to be sounding disjointed - Im just confused at the lack of space showing in ARES.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Don't think you need to worry, as you just use Openelec and as mentioned in system info and storage, you have plenty. Ares is just showing the amount it's used up and not the correct amount on your box. Although it shows the correct ram left, personally I wouldn't worry and just use the system info to know your storage.
As for android if you just use Openelec then, again don't worry...

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
IMG_0631.JPG

Nice One David - Thank you for that. Ye I have no interest at all in Android side of box - hence not ever adding or installing on that side.
its never altered the way the box runs - perfect at the moment. I thank you for that and Ill disregard it.
Can I ask you one more thing while Im on about ARES?
Have you ever had to use or have used the Advanced Settings Wizard??? Im curious as to if it is any good or not and if I should use it?
Regards David - Thank you

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I've had to use it in LibreELEC as I had issues with it streaming to far ahead, then I would get audio problems.
It works fine and normally it finds the best setting for you.
If you find it doesn't work you can aways delete it in Xunity maintenance and tweeks and then delete advanced XML.
If your box is running good with out I recommend not using it, but if you have issues (buffering) it might help....but aways remember live sport is aways going to have some buffering.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks again David - at the moment Im fine and the box is OK too. Live Sports has also been good so I will just keep it in mind for if I need it. Thank you mate for all your advice. Appreciated.
Dave

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I've got the same box and haven't updated yet, I've done the plus and that's fine now. But for now I'll leave the T8mini as is, as it's running well. I haven't needed to use this feature in areswizard on this box. I only use it to clear packages, cache and thumbnails every now and then.

Enjoy.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, I aint used the latest update as mine had Jarvis 16.1 installed when I got it and Ive not had any problem. So I will not update until I hear all good stuff about the actual update. Cheers my friend
Dave

Reactions: David Savage

tekto

Mar 11, 2017
Tatooine
www.ares-project-blog.com
Ares cant read the folders or the sysinfo correctly unfortunately - this was a safeguard to stop people "killing boxes" - by installing files that might be too big - There are known issues with SPMC 16.6 and some of the forks floating around. Gaming and apk installs wont work on Nougat (Shield) etc.