milo2016

Dec 26, 2016
Hi Guys;

Glad I joined this forum. I got my Android TV box 3 years ago. I bought it with a 12 months subscription. More than a year ago I did not renew my subscription as it was expensive for the service I was getting.
Anyway, now I am using it to enjoy Kodi. It is fine, works perfect. Today I managed to root the device. The ONLY thing I don't like about the device is the android version.
KitKat v4.2.2, very OLD and I would like to upgrade it to at least v5.0 Lollipop. I don't know if it is possible, that's why I am here and asking.

Here is my device's info:
---------------------------
Model Number: ATN3000II-2002
Android Version: 4.2.2
Kernel Version: 3.4.35_s40
Build Number: ATN-1.0.6 2016-12-16.242441

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The only way to update to lollipop is to either ask your box supplier if they have a compatible firmware or search on google for a compatible firmeare. In the latter case there is a risk you could brick your box, if the box is working well, i would leave alone.

Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If flashing 3rd party firmware (losing warranty and risking the device becoming bricked) doesn't worry you, it could be worth finding out which other devices share identical hardware (not just the main chips, but WiFi and Ethernet as well), as you may find a site like freaktab.com has a section for devices like yours (hardware-wise) where people post about 3rd party firmware.