NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Hi people.. Strange one here, does it even after soft reset. I was having audio problems with wookie lite and retro.. No sound.. Did a factory reset and reinstalled. Still the same. Installed paradox. Audio seems OK with paradox. Weird, however every time I start a stream, the android audio gets defaulted to half volume. I have to hit the volume up to max at start of every stream?! Any ideas as to the sudden onset of audio issues? Thanks people.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, start a stream in kodi, now press the OK button. You get the pop up menu, now go to the speaker icon and adjust the top one so it's on 0db...and the below this one, adjust this one up a bit, this amplifies the sound. Now go to the very bottom and save as defaults, this should now be saved.
Hope this helps

Reactions: ChrisM

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks for trying to help David. I'm getting random no audio with paradox build now.. Just out of interest, im running 2 kodi's on my t8-plus. I have jarvis and the custom build from droidbox DBMC. Both with different wizards.Do you think they could be clashing after the Jarvis update? Also , would a hard reset give different results to a soft? Maybe something is corrupt and needs reinstalling. Sorry for so many questions, the box worked without fault till yesterday.. Thanks again!

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have this box and I've got kodi Jarvis 16.0 RC1. All good not tried the new stable version I'm waiting for droidbox to release an update with it on.
Think it might be corrupt, some people have the Play store version on there box and seems to be running ok.
DBMC is still 15.2 I think so still should be fine to use as for the over I would start again, even delete and install the one on Play store.
Welcome to the world of kodi, when things are running great leave well alone.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not 100% that this is connected, but Jarvis (v16) is NOT recommend yet by the Wookie team. Please see https://twitter.com/wookie_wizardry/status/704989943186202625 for details.
Regarding clashes, not that likely, as they use completely different folders to store their data.
@NikoB Quick query - is the DroidBOX using an HDMI cable directly to your TV for audio and video, or are other cables/audio equipment involved?

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Not 100% that this is connected, but Jarvis (v16) is NOT recommend yet by the Wookie team. Please see https://twitter.com/wookie_wizardry/status/704989943186202625 for details.
Regarding clashes, not that likely, as they use completely different folders to store their data.
@NikoB Quick query - is the DroidBOX using an HDMI cable directly to your TV for audio and video, or are other cables/audio equipment involved?
Thanks for the help Screaming.. I`m using HDMI to TV but it is via a splitter, The same set up from the start.. The most successful Wizard is Paradox for me. This is the one that gives me least audio problems.. Using wookie with no problems before this.! I`ve also noticed that the box loses my HDD now and again.. I have to reboot to get it to see it again. Maybe shes bitting the dust!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Regarding the hard drive, check https://droidboxforums.com/posts/20902/ when you get a moment.

With the HDMI splitter (possibly a switch?), can you try temporarily connecting directly, just to rule it out. If you happen to have a Sky+ box connected on the same switch, DEFINITELY try disconnecting this temporarily if you're not able to stop using the switch with the DroidBOX.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Yes, sorry screaming, its a HDMI switch. Took it out and still get audio problems with Wookie. Paradox is still working flawlessly. So strange. I've deleted DBMC now and am just using one build via the main kodi icon (Jarvis from play store and Paradox). I swapped PSU with my other T8-s plus upstairs and didn't have an HDD disconnect all night. Probably coincidental..