Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi all,

I'm slowly getting there, but so as to not annoy my parents ISP, is there like TV's have an auto off after 2.4.6.8 hours facility on the T8 box?

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for that, I wanted the Auto-off as I've tried to explain to my parents that just because they turn the TV off that doesn't mean that it stops using the internet.... As they need to switch off the T8 box for that... So looking to moving them to an unlimited tariff (this is effectively they're first computer).... Its a struggle...

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the T8 isn't set to watch one episode after another of the same TV series, then the internet usage shouldn't be that high at all. If they were watching a live stream of a TV channel, that would carry on forever. Hmm, I'm starting to see your point more as I type this out!
Maybe build up to turning off the device, see if they're happy to press the Stop button on their remote as a gentle introduction to such procedures!

Ding

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,

Yes its Live spanish tv that they are watching (or trying to) and with them both in they're 70's this is tricky... However today we hit a new problem, going to start a new thread for that... Then I'll carry on with the Auto-off, but thanks for all your help so far.