Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
Hello

So I'm using IP Vanish ... is there any way I can have it start and connect automatically on boot up of the box so if anyone other than me uses the box it'll be connected.
The other half usually forgets to connect IP Vanish before she does what ever she does lol
I'm using a T8S on android 4.4.2

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have a look at this thread and i've tagged @ChrisM (aka silently screaming) in case the update to allow auto launch came through

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Hello

So I'm using IP Vanish ... is there any way I can have it start and connect automatically on boot up of the box so if anyone other than me uses the box it'll be connected.
The other half usually forgets to connect IP Vanish before she does what ever she does lol
I'm using a T8S on android 4.4.2

Thanks
Can you check IPVanish is updated in the Play Store please?

Unless the feature has been removed, v3 introduced the option to auto-start IPVanish/connections I think. See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/new-ipvanish-application-v3-0-countdown/
Can you check the Settings area in the IPVanish client. If you don't see something like this:

upload_2016-12-16_17-30-11.png

Double check in the Play Store that there isn't an update waiting.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
I have version 3.0.4 and no update is available .... clicking the 3 lines up at the top left hand corner does nothing. My T8S is running 4.4.2
Interestingly I also have IP Vanish on my phone and clicking the 3 lines opens up another menu where there is an option for turning on auto start ... my phone is running android 6.0.1.
Will the fact its 4.4.2 have anything to do with it ? I have tried uninstall etc but clicking the 3 lines still does nothing.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
There is a problem with IPVanish on the T8-S. Your correct, the three lines do nothing. I've got two T8-S devices and both are displaying the same faults.

I've been at it with IPVanish who are not being very cooperative. DroidBOX is looking into the matter.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
DroidBox could solve a lot of issues if the could get 5.0.1 on these boxes. Kodi 17 may not work either. Could be time to dump DroidBox and get a better box with 5.0 or even 6.0.1 on it. I doubt they'll bother to update the T8S now though. Been promised it for nearly a year and it's not come yet. Android 7 is about to be released and we still have 4.4.2 lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi minkbomb

I understand your frustration and i think droidbox should have been a more transparent in their plans for boxes running s802 amlogic processors like the t8s.

However, in their defence, and importantly, other established suppliers, droidbox do not write the firmware (which contains the android os). Yes, droidbox and others may tinker around the fringes but the core firmware is fixed.

You can read this independent thread to confirm what i'm saying.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...s/593370-will-there-ever-be-a-android-5-x-rom

I suspect droidbox may have done some testing of an android 5 version but it presumably proved ultimately unsuccessfull (else it would have been released).

Of course, gifted people out there may well have created android 5 roms for the s802 processor, maybe successfully (and also bricking a few machines slong the way). You could choose to go with one of them but accept the risk.

Thats my take on it at least. I agree some formal statement from droidbox would be welcomed by those running machines like the t8 and t8s.

That said, i truly believe there is a long life left in these boxes yet. There is nothing that my "old" t8 cannot do.

In a world where a device (whether it be a phone,tablet or android box) is regarded as the equivalent of a dinosaur after 2 years, i think there is still a long road ahead for us yet.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Running an amlogic s912 processor i note. As i said the world of android boxes moves on (at a pretty frightening pace).
I hope your prospective supplier has as good and helpful user community as this one.

But because we are a helpful and hopefully useful community, you may want to browse this before plunging into the world of android 6 and kodi. I'm sure your potential supplier has already considered this.

https://ares-project.uk/threads/possible-fix-for-kodi-crashing-on-android-6-devices.10713/

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
You're right Nigelar. The T8-S devices are still good boxes. I don't knock them at all. But an update would be appreciated if possible, and I've always found there customer support to be top notch. I've purchased 4 different types of boxes from them, so i wouldn't keep buying them if i didn't feel they weren't a good all round solution.

Reactions: sean99

Multay

Dec 17, 2016
Hi, I've asked this on another thread but without any joy...

Not related to this but I cannot find how to start a new thread!!!

I want to know if there is any way to stream the output of a box to a wireless projector running miracast? So rather than hdmi to my TV I want to send the stream to a projector through my network.... I've tried a few things but I can only send to the box rather than from it... I can project saved files using dlna but they have to be downloaded. I want to project live streams... i can also stream kodi from my phone to the projector but not from my android box ... it appears part of the problem is that my box is connected by ethernet so wireless is disabled but surely i must be able to connect through my network? I can connect to the dlna server on my nas so i cant see why i cant to the box? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
M

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi @Multay .
You will definitely get a better response by starting a new thread as your question will get lost here.
After logging in, go to the main forum page.
Then find the section which relates most closely to your query.
In your case I would look for your Droidbox in the list (e.g. t8s plus) and open that section.
There are several "create new thread" type buttons in there so do that.
Hopefully you will get an answer (I am sorry I don't have one).