Choi

May 5, 2016
How can I back up the T8S before unrooting...I might decide to re-root it some time later...

Choi

May 5, 2016
Backing up the rooted status of the T8-S will be sufficient, I can always rebuild apps and files from other backups. I am quite comfortable with e.g. reflashing the firmware if that is what it takes. Just looking to go this route because some TV apps (notable All 4) actively forbid rooted devices.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Even once unrooted, some apps will complain about HDMI output being present on your Android device.

To re-root the device (if you need to) afterwards, http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...-any-all-android-device`s?p=590033#post590033 looks to be what is required.

In terms of reflashing the firmware, that is possible, but would need to be done in the DroidBOX office and then returned to you. Please note the procedure linked to above is NOT an official sanctioned DroidBOX one, your warranty may not apply if issues occur.

billybob24

Apr 6, 2017
Backing up the rooted status of the T8-S will be sufficient, I can always rebuild apps and files from other backups. I am quite comfortable with e.g. reflashing the firmware if that is what it takes. Just looking to go this route because some TV apps (notable All 4) actively forbid rooted devices.
did you ever get it re rooted?