NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
I have the Paradox build installed on my box and have done some little alterations and tweaks here and there. Basically pruned the paradox build to suit my own needs. Question. Can I make a full back up of this in case I need to install it at later date if my box does a wobbly? I've tried USB to SD Add-on( can't remember exact name soz) , selected the SD card for back up only for it to throw an error something like "card not writable". And sure enough, it doesn't back up. Can anyone throw some light on this? Cheers!

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Re format the SD card, make sure there there's nothing important on it, follow the guide as posted by sean99 above but then make sure you manually copy guisettings.xtml from within the Kodi profile folder from the Kodi file manager. If memory recalls that file is in userdata, when restoring restore via the guide above then exit Kodi, use ES or whatever file manager your comfortable with and copy the guisettings.xtml from your backup to the new restored Kodi.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks for trying guys. The addon just gives me an error when trying to back up. Do you think its protected in some way because its somebody else's build?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If your using kodi or spmc if you haven't got it d/l es file explorer from google play then go to tools/click show hidden files to ON then Home/android/data/if your using kodi it's org.xbmc.kodi or if your using spmc it's com.semperax.spmc/long press on FILES until tick then to bottom and either copy it to an ext usb or MORE and compress and name it and change compress level to BEST then ok and copy that to a usb stick when it completes.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Nice one Sean.. Just copying now.. To restore I just overwrite the file in the clean kodi with the one I just copied to the SD? Thanks again..

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
You do but if you have zipped it up you have to unzip it 1st. No probs...