raymondus

Dec 24, 2015
Hi there

I have just installed from Droidbox market the BBC iplayer app. First off, it then asked me to install BBC Media Player, which I duly did from the Google Play store. However, whenever I click on a program, it thinks about it for a second (as if it is going to play), I might get one frame of the programme, and then it simply returns back to the screen with the programme selection on. I have tried installing and reinstalling to no avail - I am in the UK!

ITV player and other apps seem to work with no problem. Please help!

Thanks

Ray

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Just tested with the "John bishop xmas special" and no problems.
Could you delete market version and replace with the Google play store version? May be an out of date version in the market? You definitely need BBC media player so downloading that was right.

raymondus

Dec 24, 2015
Just tested with the "John bishop xmas special" and no problems.
Could you delete market version and replace with the Google play store version? May be an out of date version in the market? You definitely need BBC media player so downloading that was right.
Thanks so much for the reply. I just tried it. No good. Still the same result.

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
Yeah have the same issue on my M5 and my new T8-S plus. Have to use the kodi app but its spotty also at times

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you also confirm the broadband speed your getting on your boxes mr Womble? Low or unstable wifi is often a problem with iplayer.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
When did you last check? Reason i ask is they had a denial of service attack yesterday and bbc web sites inc iplayer were down. we've not heard from raymondus so don't know if he is still having problems.

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
Checked this morning and again just now. 156mb download 12mb upload. BBC IPLAYER set to northern Ireland but still same thing. Purple spinning wheel of death. Looks like its about to load then nothing. It will load if you use the kodi app but its not great as it crashes and freezes or you get no sound till u pause and un pause it.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I know this will probably not help but can you check the version number. I'm currently running 4.14.1.1484

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Which version of android are your machines running? Some issues reported with lollipop 5.0.1

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. I've done some more testing. I think the app is broken for live tv!
I'm getting error messages on my T8 running 4.4.2 AND on my mobile (lg g3) running 5.1.1
Seems other people are getting these errors looking at google play store comments.
However, catch up programming seems to be ok (just watched jools holland hootenanny).
Will probably have to wait for a fix unless it is a left over from the ddos attack.
Can you view on demand stuff ok?

TerrifiedWomble

Dec 13, 2015
I only use it for in the night garden for my kids so its never live. Lollipop and jellybean.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I' m now seeing lots of "content not working try again later" error messages on playback so suspect there is a server problem. (this on shows that played ok earlier which makes me think the app is good). So all I can suggest is wait until they sort the problems out.

Reactions: TerrifiedWomble