jasep76

Nov 8, 2016
Hi ive just got the beelink gt king its a great box but i seem to have a problem with it, it keeps turning its self on when i change channel on my tv. Ive got a Panasonic 50EX750 ive changed settings on the gt king to hdmi cec turned off but it still happens ive had to pull the power lead out the back of the box. Any advice would be great full

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It sounds like the TV IR remote may be clashing with the IR receiver on GT King. If this is the case then I am not sure if there would be anything you could do as the TV remote will continue to send the same signal. Have you tried it with another TV to see if it happens with that?

jasep76

Nov 8, 2016
Hi ive taken the usb dongle out of the box and changed hdmi port and im still getting the same problem. I thought without the dongle the box shouldn't get any signal but it still happened.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I will need to check if the GT King has an IR receiver. What you could try is covering up the front of the GT King with something and press the buttons on the TV remote. This should block the IR from getting to the GT King. If this works then put some electrical tape or something over the front where the receiver is.

jasep76

Nov 8, 2016
Hi i think its its something to do with hdmi port i covered the front of the box like you said and the problem still happened. Ive unplugged the hdmi cable and turned the box off and it has stayed off

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Double check that CEC is switched off on the GT King. Also check on your TV if you can disable it there for that HDMI port. Some TV's only support CEC on some of the HDMI ports so if it is possible try plugging it into another HDMI port.

jasep76

Nov 8, 2016
Hi i think i sorted it now ive turned viera link off on my tv and it seems to have worked

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
It sounds like the TV IR remote may be clashing with the IR receiver on GT King. If this is the case then I am not sure if there would be anything you could do as the TV remote will continue to send the same signal. Have you tried it with another TV to see if it happens with that?
Hi, have the same issue with Samsung smart remote when using it appears to auto switch box on even when on different hdmi watching Sat TV. Have turned off CEC on Beelink to see if that helps due to possible conflict with Beelink airmouse remote.

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Will the G10 remote also turn off the Samsung TV When used? It seems that IR code for Samsung remote is clashing with IR code of the G10 remote

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
Does not power on/off the Samsung TV. I have now also turned off CEC within Kodi, used via Corelec on supplied card, to see if that helps.

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
Thanks for trying to help. Starting to think it might be the CEC functionality within Kodi causing the issue & not a HDMI source conflict, as does not auto turn on when switching sources. No longer powering on when using TV remote

Dazbon

Apr 3, 2021
Noticed today that if you switch HDMI source to Beelink from Sat then the box does power on but since disabling CEC in Kodi using Coreelec the box no longer continues to power on when using the Samsung smart remote.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
That'd be because CEC is turned off in the first place. CEC is a functionality of HDMI that in short helps TVs and devices work better, such as syncing power states.
Things can become muddy when multiple devices are connected to one TV though, as you've experienced. That's why it's typically disabled by default.

With no CEC the box and TV are just two entirely separate devices.