Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,picked one of these up 2nd hand its a great handheld,its got the 256ssd and was wondering what the best 512 or 1tb ssd to go for if i decide to upgrade ? DroiX sells the gpd win 2 with 512 or 1tb ssd versions so which ssd do you recommend ??

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Any compatible SSD will be fine. In the past we have used KingSpec and I believe it is SCY that we use now. They are both decent and have good speeds.

Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,i seen this one on amazon does this one work in the gpd win 2 ?

DroiX SCY 1TB 22 * 42 NGFF Solid State Drive SSD SATA NAND Flash Storage for Desktop Computer, Laptop and Mini PC [SCY-2242-1TB

Also whats the heat like on these ? Ive noticed the ssd cover gets really hot on this device ! Its got the 256gb ssd in it at the moment,i purchased it from someone that bought the device from DroiX only about a month ago he said,I’ve read on the net that the kingspec are not very good in this device and get really hot,is this normal on these gpd win 2 to go really hot when it’s accessing the ssd ?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The SSD lid on the Win 2 works to dissipate the heat from the SSD itself so it is natural for it to get quite warm. Kingspec are perfectly fine, we sold them in the past and had few issues with them on the Win 2.

Reactions: admin