Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Thinking of getting a home cinema amp, an upgrade from a speaker bar.
Can anyone give help me as there so many makes of amps and speakers it's mind blowing. I might send David Savage a PM as I no he has a good set up.
Thanks for any imput.

SAL

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Also I've got a T8 box should I use optical or HDMI to connect to it for the best sound. I'm using optical cable at the moment.
Thanks again.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
There are lots of surround sound systems on the market but to stay on the right track and great for the price you can't go wrong with a sony or samsung system. As far as optical, you are best using hdmi if you can thats the only way to get true hd sound, I use my t8-s plus hdmi plugged into my Samsung surround sound and works a treat

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Also if and when you get yourself a system don't forget to enable passthrough on kodi otherwise it won't work, to do this if you don't know how to is start a movie/show bring up the action bar eg pause stop rewind, scroll over to the left and hit the sound options, there you will see the enable passthrough option.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sal

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for the reply, but I'm after a separate amp. I've just got a Home Cinema magazine and there are so many amps and speakers to choose from.
Up to now might go to a AV shop see if they can help. I need it for my T8, blu-ray and record deck. Up to now Onkyo, Denon and Marantz are on my short list.
Thanks for your help Sal.

Reactions: ChrisM and britott

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
I have and old yamaha amp ie pre HDMI so have optical connection plus audio leads have tried the enable passthrough part and works on both settings so I am guessing it's a hdmi thing only? Did you ever get your amp sorted if so which?

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Think I'm going with the Onkyo amp and either the B&W MT60 or Kef E305 speakers. Haven't bought anything yet as checking around for best prices. Also been recommended to use the HDMI cable for best Audio-visual connection.

SAL

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Don't know nothing about the amp they was fairly popular when I got mine think they was newish out or recently upped their game and had won some awards your speakers key ones they the egg shaped ones? If so they are good i have those ones

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
Yes they are egg shaped, the B&W sub is round too which looks and sounds cool.
As for the amp it was in are budget the Yamaha one was amazing but cost £2500, so way out of are price range.
As for speakers might go for 7.1 so it's fills the room, can't wait.

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Yes got my amp about 10 years ago now was £1500 when it first came out paid about £1000for mine speakers 6 woofer to go with it sounds are amazing your amp will probably have a set up function on it to set all the speakers up that is a must bit strange at first as you think people are behind you and dogs are barking outside your house lol

Sal

Feb 14, 2015
I'll have a lot to sort out as speaker wire (QED) and connecting things up too.
Should sound great when all done..

Reactions: Hightone10

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
You got your amp sorted and all wired up now if so how does it sound and what do your neighbours think lol?