737mechanic

May 3, 2017
I replaced my WDTVLive with an s912 Android box and enjoy the box very well except that I can not figure out an easy way to transfer my TV shows and movies to the android box from my PC.

With the WDTVLive I had it in my network connections and using windows explorer just dragged the new TV shows onto the drive for the WDTVLive but I can't figure out how to do the same with the android box.

Can anyone help me with that?

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
If your on a Mac platform then you can go to "connect to server" and search. It will find all drives connected to your network such as NAS etc.
Macs are really good for that sort of thing - drag and drop.
Dave

737mechanic

May 3, 2017
I installed samba but the external drive connected to the android box isn't recognized on the network only the internal memory.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Have you set the path to the external drive? If you only see the internal memory, you haven't yet told Samba to use the path to your hard drive, it is still set to the default of the internal storage. It is about 1/3 down that page, let us know if you're not sure how to proceed.

737mechanic

May 3, 2017
Never really figured it out but there is a setting for formatting an ext. drive as internal memory. That might work but I don't want to format it yet because I have movies and TV shows on it.