Status
Not open for further replies.

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Its when I am playing a tvshow/movie, it was fine on 7.03 and all the shows on dbmc or kodi play great, its kind of a flickering I guess, my tv is a Samsung smart tv 55" if that helps at all. Live tv plays fine though so a little weird.

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
i have just come across a problem. i get this some times https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjhjgkqhdtuap8g/2017-03-31 10.54.15.jpg the sound is ok but i get the above pic, this is when playing live tv in the OTTTV addon. and in specto.

and in uk turks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/41g4r3ikoyp2a1n/2017-03-31 15.01.02.jpg
2017-03-31%2015.01.02.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@britott @sblabs
Can you clear LibreELEC's data (LibreELEC Configuration Program Add-on, then scroll down the menu), reboot, then install JUST the one add-on that had issues.
If the problem remains, we know to look at Kodi/LE settings.
If the problem stops, then something else normally installed but skipped for this test is mucking things up. AdvancedSettings.xml can be temporarily renamed via Kodi's File Manager, then reboot. If issue is sorted, then something added to the XML file by another add-on/build/etc is the culprit
HW acceleration also worth a look at, see if it stops the specific issue. Kodi Settings>Player>Video>Render method, change to software. Reboot for good measure. See if the same still.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@admin reports of issues with playback of live streams in LE with this test, please see above.
@sblabs Can you head (in LibreELEC) to Settings (cog at almost top left of Kodi's homescreen), Play Settings, Videos, Render method and change it to Software. Reboot for good measure, then if you don't mind, can you test the live stream playback again?

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
@ChrisM i have done the "Play Settings, Videos, Render method and change it to Software" looks like it fixed the problem i been using that setting for about 2 or 3days now and live tv has been spot on.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM and Bjbirch

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks for the update, most appreciated. If you have the time/inclination, you could try any other Render methods listed there, see if it is only software that allows the live streams to work, or if other methods (if present) also work as well.

Reactions: sblabs

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
@admin Hi, i was mostly getting it in the OTTTV addon as that is what i use 99% of the time, it was doing it in specto and in uk turks not sure what the file name was now, to solve it i did Play Settings, Videos, Render method and and unticked the "allow hardware acceleration-amcodec.

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
@admin Hi, i was mostly getting it in the OTTTV addon as that is what i use 99% of the time, it was doing it in specto and in uk turks not sure what the file name was now, to solve it i did Play Settings, Videos, Render method and and unticked the "allow hardware acceleration-amcodec.
The problem is we tried Specto and we can't replicate it. We need a file which causes the issue. We can't use OTTTV add-on as it's a paid service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

britott

Mar 8, 2016
Still getting flickering using the update, it works great on my v1 box but has problems on the v2 box. Live tv seems to be fine its just movies/tvshows that are the issue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
I just got my t8s plus v2 today. Tried the flash everything ran fine no errors but now 15min of the libreelec boot screen?

And when it boots it shows the menu graphics that match the graphics on the remote control not like your screen pictures!

It still says press menu for android but it looks different from what the screen shot is and it doesn't work it flashes back to press the menu button then to libreelec

Any ideas? I have watched it for a while because when I first got it it took 5min or something to get the Internet lol

Thanks

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
Okay 5min or something later sitting here reading and doing some other things when I heard the box restart on its own it now has the screen android is starting that the mxq had when it had problems apps loading etc then the main screen

Status
Not open for further replies.