Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
okay I'm a bad guinea pig, I don't check out or care about problems as much as I probably should. like we all know you get what you pay for and not paying hulu, or Netflix etc i have gotten bored with the never ending problems and almost infinite number of different things that are causing them, but recently trakt service has been horrible on the forced firmware beats me it was everything starting to act up on kodi 16 back on my mxq box salts errors this error that error on and on now this box using only libreelec 8 70 percent stability same with the mxq went dual boot libreelec 8 70 percent more stable. but still flaws off and on addons seems like a unstable time anything free isn't ever going to be reliable or error free that's just a given beats me

Dec 21, 2016
Vermont
I have been using LibreELEC 8.0.1 for about 2 weeks while I'm happy for the most part there are some problems that I find most annoying:
1) Bluetooth says that there is no adapter (was working in 7.0.3) I use it for a Microsoft moues and keyboard.
2) Remote key editor has problems in that it will not change any keys on my VIP remote, the settings that were mapped in 7.0.3 are still valid but I can not add new ones
and the music menu has changed so I can not edit the Playlists, the standard IR remote works.
3) After playing some Youtube streams the video playback in 1080p h265 is a little jerky, a reboot corrects this but it is annoying.
4) The reboot process to change OS while in boot to Android or LibreELEC only works with the IR remote.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thank you for the feedback, most appreciated.

1) Bluetooth in OpenELEC/LibreELEC didn't function for quite a long time, I was surprised when it started working, as the LibreELEC team had originally said it wouldn't be a high priority for their coders. I'll report it up the chain here, it might be worth popping over to the LibreELEC forum to see if the coders are working on a general fix for this
2) Glad sorted now
3) Reported up the chain, thanks for the information
4) That is correct, the IR remote works during bootup, but any premium controller won't function until Android has loaded.

Reactions: Alexandra Fassett

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@STRAINIE
Can you try this please:
Boot LibreELEC up
Settings (cog in top left almost when Kodi 17 opens)
Player Settings,
Videos,

now click the bottom left corner so it goes from STANDARD to Advanced or Expert.

Now change the "Render method" to Software.

When you get a moment, can you let us know if that helps?

STRAINIE

Apr 26, 2017
UPDATE ON THE KODI [ V ] PANASONIC [ TX-50DX700B WAS WORKING OK LAST NIGHT NOW BACK TO JUDDERING TODAY MOVED THE HDMI PORT AND THE MODE TO ONE SO I WILL CARRY ON PLAYING WITH THE TV TO GET IT RIGHT AND WILL GET BACK TO YOU IF I GET IT WORKING IF NOT I WILL CRACK UP LOL
P.S I KNOW THE T8-S PLUS V2 BOX HIS OK I HAVE TRIED IT ON ANTHER TV AND IT WAS OK
C.Y.SOON

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Alexandra Fassett I've had a chance to check the bluetooth properly, sorry for the delay.

First step - factory reset. Back up anything important on the Android and LE side first, then follow the video here:

Second - once reset and in LibreELEC again (don't forget the first boot into Andorid, please leave the device alone 15/20 minutes once you see the homescreen) double check that bluetooth is turned on, last entry in the Services menu in LibreELEC Config

Third - I had to reboot the phone I tested with before it paired in LibreELEC. The bluetooth speaker however connected first time OK, BUT I had to set Settings>System Settings>Audio Output device and change to "PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)". Can't remember if it automatically switched in previous releases, but once this was done, audio came through fine.

Dec 21, 2016
Vermont
The LibreELEC 8.0.1/Kodi 17.1 release have some annoying bugs with switching resolutions on Amlogic aarch64 devices the new release
LibreELEC 8.0.2/Kodi 17.3 has fixes for this: https://libreelec.tv/2017/05/libreelec-krypton-v8-0-2-mr/
See line: Fix for 720p > 1080p resolution switching on Amlogic aarch64 devices
The problem is when you switch from lo res to hi res it does not clear the decoding and you get a black screen, garbage or the last screen that was played,
the only fix is to stop the video and restart it, sometimes more than once... I don't know if this is a LibreELEC or Kodi problem,
but I do know that this problem does not exist in the Kodi 17.3 release (from the Play Store) when in Android.
So what I'm saying is that when there is a OTA update let it be LibreELEC 8.02...
There is already an update for the Odroid C2 (S905, Mali 450) a Rasberry PI form factor SBC (when configured like the T8-S + V2 costs 50% more and looks like a real kluge)
so I would think that a working version for the T8-S+ V2 would be available soon, just my opinion :)

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
my box is about to need wiped! my reboot to android is gone, the box is always looking up and needing reset by the power button on the remote.

stupid 3rd party apps have trashed the box are you going to be having a new one? this 8.0 isn't even a official ota yet and it's already 2 versions behind this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid with droidbox. all the other boxes yup but I got a droidbox for the updates but there aren't many

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@SmokingElectronics Reboot to Android gone - most of the time this is if you swap to a different Skin, check if it is the default one right now. Program Addons>LibreELEC Config or Android's Recovery Menu to switch to Android if you want to keep using same skin.
The updates are being worked on. We're not going to release files as official updates if major issues remain.
Also for @Alexandra Fassett , 8.0.2 test firmware for some devices coming soon, will post new threads for them today or tomorrow hopefully.

Reactions: sblabs
Status
Not open for further replies.