Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
This 8.0.1 test firmware has now been replaced by a 8.0.2 test at https://droidboxforums.com/threads/...2-with-kodi-17-3-test-for-t8-s-plus-v1.10120/

Text below is being kept for reference purposes

THIS UPDATE IS FOR THE v1 EDITION OF THE DroidBOX T8-S Plus device
If you have the T8-S Plus v2, T8-S, T8, T8 Mini or anything other than a DroidBOX T8-S Plus v1, do NOT flash this file, at best it won't work, at worst it could brick your device.

Long term members will know the score, you can skip a paragraph or two...

This file is likely to be part of an OTA update in the near future. It is not yet official. If you do not want to factory reset your device, or don't have the time to report any issues found, please wait for our next official OTA update.

However, if you know what the Recovery menu is, how to access it, and are happy to help trace issues to their root cause, LibreELEC 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1 is available for your DroidBOX T8-S Plus v1.

File to download: h**ps://1drv.ms/u/s!AlRdlhGu3fjihkLVX_s4xY4Ke4vW

What to do:

• Copy the ZIP file (do not decompress it, you should only have one file called LibreELEC-DroidBOX.arm-T8SPlusV1-8.0.1-update.zip to copy, and it should be 122Mb) to an SD memory card
  • Turn your DroidBOX off and safely eject the card from your PC/Mac/other device, and insert the card in the T8-S Plus v1's memory card slot
  • Holding down the Restore switch on the side (behind the USB sockets), turn on your T8-S Plus v1. DO NOT LET GO OF THE SWITCH YET.
  • Once you see the Recovery menu on screen, release the Restore button.
  • Click on the "Apply Update from EXT" option.
  • This time, click the "Update from sdcard" entry.
  • Finally, click on LibreELEC-DroidBOX.arm-T8SPlusV1-8.0.1-update.zip file
  • Once the process completes, select the Reboot now option.
Changes others have noticed so far:
WiFi networks - when you head to the Connections area of the LibreELEC Configuration program add-on, you will need to select a network and click on refresh - nearby WiFi networks aren't shown by default here once you've connected to your own WiFi network.

Let us know if you encounter any issues, the more detail the better.
Screenshot below was actually made on a T8 Mini, but LibreELEC 8.0.1 and Kodi 17.1 should show as installed if you have applied this update correctly. You can also pop into System Info if you just want to check the Kodi version reported.

20170328_172814_0.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
ill have to give it a go on my v1 box and see how i get on.

Edit: update went well no bugs found so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM

djandymyers

Apr 7, 2017
This all looks very positive for those of us that have or know of people who have the V1 T8S Plus box.
If this BETA test goes well, do you know how long it's likely to be before an OTA update is made available? Only, from the experience of my family who have the old v1 T8S, the likes of K0di 17.1 and even 16.6.6 DBMC is not compatible with the current build last updated.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@djandymyers Check the T8-S area for a similar beta update, it will give you LibreELEC 8.01 as well, meaning Krypton 17. Not sure that one can/will be sent out as a T8-S OTA though.
Re the timing for this update going final/official and being released as an OTA, nothing concrete has been set. If all goes well and no issues found are critical, should be weeks, not months.

Here we go: https://www.droidboxforums.com/thre...1-with-kodi-17-1-test-for-original-t8-s.9494/
FOR OTHER VISITORS: THAT LINK IS FOR THE T8-S DEVICE ONLY, NOT ANY OTHER MODEL.

tunics

Apr 7, 2017
loaded this file and now droidbox is stuck on libreelec screen and wont let me do anything ? need help

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
did that now wont load anything

so what happens when you go to the recovery screen, and do a full factory reset? when you do the full reset it can take a about 5/10min to boot up.

Last edited:

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, The same thing happened to me stuck on LibreELEC splash screen, fist factory reset it booted into LibreELEC still stuck on screen, second factory reset has done the trick, but I do not get the start up screen to switch between android and LibreELEC with menu button.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hi, The same thing happened to me stuck on LibreELEC splash screen, fist factory reset it booted into LibreELEC still stuck on screen, second factory reset has done the trick, but I do not get the start up screen to switch between android and LibreELEC with menu button.

same i dont see the start up screen to switch between android and LibreELEC on start up.

dick b

Jan 24, 2017
I had the same problem of it freezing on the startup screen and not being able to do anything with it but managed to return the box to as was and working fine by flashing the libreelec 7.0.3 firmware just run a search for libreelec 7.0.3 firmware and click on "libreelec update beta" and down load the7.0.3 file from the droidbox cloud.and load via recovery as before.
file too big for me to upload

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, everything is ok now the second reset worked and LibreELEC 8.0.1 is installed and working fine, as I mentioned above I don't get the startup screen to switch between Android and LibreELEC with the menu button, but everything else looking fine.

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Guys, startup screen will only be available with these models - T8-S Plus V2, T8 Mini & iMXQpro V2

Reactions: angela and sblabs

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi there, the issue probably related to lack of free space on the system partition. Use ES File Manager. make sure you switche don Root Explorer ON. Go to System/Preinstall and remove Kodi, DBMC from there to free up some space. Then install update once again. it should work this time.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
All good here but just one annoying thing, everytime I boot into android am getting the set your location context box. Am hard wired and just dismiss the box, no big deal. Done 3 restores/erase all content to get box running as should and added all my content back so will not be resetting again;)
grrr had to revisit the recovery menu 18/4 and 1 more reboot sorted the problem (couldn't let it get the better of me lol)

Last edited:

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

Box: T8-S Plus v1

I am having major problems with LibreELEC (Jarvis 16.1) v7.0.3. It will not allow me to install from zip file anything. Zilch. Nada. Whenever I try to it freezes the box.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello Angela

I have set up wifi but the issue is still there. Trying to install anything from repo or zip file is painful. Just tried again with Fusion and it was not only slow but the installing for one of the add ons (indigo) failed.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you can reboot to android and check your storage in setting you might not have enough to get it to boot to LibreElec.
If it's full clear some use ES file explorer to help you find what's filling your box.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.