admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
DroidBOX Team is pleased to announce LibreELEC 8.2.0 Beta version for the iMXQpro V2 model.

Changes

• Kodi 17.5
  • Fix boot-time overwrite of samba.conf.sample to ensure v4 template exists
  • Fix Samba startup failures by detecting/disabling old (v3) samba.conf files
  • Fix an issue in the embedded getedid script
  • Fix Kodi to support 352KHz and 384KHz audio over S/PDIF
  • Fix clearing of core files from /storage/.cache during Kodi startup
  • Fix vulnerability (CVE-2017-1000250 aka Blueborne pt.1) in BlueZ
  • Fix vulnerability (CVE-2017-1000251 aka Blueborne pt.2) in all kernels except Amlogic 3.10
  • Fix a Python /dev/random issue that caused some Python crypto functions to error
  • Fix to prevent boot-loops when a failed update leaves valid files in /storage/.update
  • other fixes

THIS UPDATE IS FOR THE v2 EDITION OF THE iMXQpro.
If you have the iMXQpro v1, do NOT flash this file, at best it won't work, at worst it could brick your device.

Long term members will know the score, you can skip a paragraph or two...

This file is likely to be part of an OTA update in the near future. It is not yet official. If you do not want to factory reset your device, or don't have the time to report any issues found, please wait for our next official OTA update.

However, if you know what the Recovery menu is, how to access it, and are happy to help trace issues to their root cause, LibreELEC 8.2.0 with Kodi 17.5 is available for your DroidBOX iMXQpro v2.

File to download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlRdlhGu3fjih1DcCQmryxWqx0bN

If you are on a Mac, you may need to this first: https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31919091

What to do:
  • Copy the ZIP file (do not decompress it, you should only have one file called LibreELEC-DroidBOX.aarch64-iMXQProV2-8.2.0-update-B01.zip to copy, and it should be just over 128Mb) to a microSD memory card
  • Turn your DroidBOX off and safely eject the card from your PC/Mac/other device, and insert the card in the iMXQpro v2's memory card slot
  • Holding down the hidden switch inside the AV socket on the back, turn on your iMXQpro v2. DO NOT LET GO OF THE SWITCH YET.
  • Once you see the Recovery menu on screen, release the Restore button.
  • Click on the "Apply Update from EXT" option.
  • This time, click the "Update from sdcard" entry.
  • Finally, click on LibreELEC-DroidBOX.aarch64-iMXQProV2-8.2.0-update-B01.zip file
  • Once the process completes, select the Reboot now option.

The following video shows the process. Although in this case we're flashing a LibreELEC beta firmware, rather than a ZIP file with an official OTA update, the steps remain the same.

Changes others have noticed so far:
WiFi networks - when you head to the Connections area of the LibreELEC Configuration program add-on, you will need to select a network and click on refresh - nearby WiFi networks aren't shown by default here once you've connected to your own WiFi network.

Let us know if you encounter any issues, the more detail the better.

Bar

Aug 1, 2017
Within Windows, using Map Network Drive, \\LibreElec\Sharename doesn't show up while attempting to connect to a Droidbox connected USB / Hard Disk Caddy. If you enter the share name manually, Share becomes visible on Windows Network.

If I plug In USB Hard Disk Caddy, when Libreelec is running, DroidBox reboots.
No issues if you plug in caddie when Droidbox is switched off then Cold Boot LibreElec.

Last edited:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Within Windows, using Map Network Drive, \\LibreElec\Sharename doesn't show up while attempting to connect to a Droidbox connected USB / Hard Disk Caddy. If you enter the share name manually, Share becomes visible on Windows Network.

No issues if you plug in caddie when Droidbox is switched off then Cold Boot LibreElec.
Hi

I have informed r&D team and will come back with more information once received.

Regards

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk

Hi there, unfortunately we could not replicate the issue you reported
upload_2017-11-10_21-58-27.png

The connected USB drive is visible using the Windows Network share

Please don't connect HDD while the device is ON, this can cause the USB port failure. Always cold boot if you want to connect the external HDD.

thank you.

as1mov48

Jan 8, 2017
I've downloaded all 3 update zips for my iMXQ Pro V2, mounted the zip file on an 8GB class 10 micro SD card and reset the 'box' to the menu as instructed. I get an error message \misc not found installation aborted. Any ideas?

as1mov48

Jan 8, 2017
Yes, that's the one. I've flashed a few android devices in the past, so I quite 'au fait' in doing this and being a retired IT tech I've worked with lots of computer related kit, but this little thing has defeated me. hehe.
I'll keep trying though, I don't have much to do nowadays anyway. Would it be possible to 'flash' a new image file using 'twrp' or connect it to a PC via USB?

as1mov48

Jan 8, 2017
I've obtained two LibreELEC ZIP files. Along with two Android system files.
The system files are:
imxqpro-v2-1.0.5-20170306 or
imxqprov2-1.0.6-17072017-ota

And the LibreELEC files are:
LibreELEC-DroidBOX.aarch64-iMXQProV2-8-2-0-update-B01 or
LibreELEC-DroidBOX.aarch64-iMXQProV2-6-2-0-update.

Could please tell me which one of each to flash to my DroidBOX V2.

Thanks for all the help so far.
Tommy

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
imxqprov2-1.0.6-17072017-ota and LibreELEC-DroidBOX.aarch64-iMXQProV2-8-2-0-update-B01 would be the most recent ones judging from the version numbers in the filename. Please follow the guides I linked to previously for installing them.