Franko

Jul 27, 2015
Received my Droidbox T8 on Saturday. Setup was ok, but since last night, I have lost the main page on Kodi 4 home screen where you get access to 1080p movies etc and there was a great photo of the Avengers Age of Ultron home screen. Can anyone help?
I also cannot get the update as it says OTA script failed. Is my T8 already updated?

Thanks in advance

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If you got on Sat, then its probably got the latest update.
In Kodi is the back now the one with just droidbox in the back ground. If you go into the OTA app its normally comes up straight away, if its an error like fail droidbox T8 error it means there's no update available.
As for the back ground pics, did you unplug the power after the wizard finished, as this helps it install. To get it back can you follow these instructions please.
On the main boot up menu(Android), go to setting, other, more setting.
Now go to Apps and scroll down to Kodi.
Click here and clear data, wait for it to get to zero then go back to Kodi.
Now go into Kodi, please have your user and password available as you will need them.
Click on Videos, then on the wizard enter your details again.
Now click on the one for Kodi third one along on the top, normally between the modded and openelec.
Run this and wait, after its finished click on the last message and then unplug the power from the back of your box, wait now back in.
Power back on and go to Kodi this time give it 15 mins to update the Add-ons. Now its should be done, hope this helps you.

Dave

Reactions: fzbob

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might also be worth checking whether it was a skin switch that occurred somehow, if other people browse this thread in the future.
Start from Kodi's homescreen and scroll to then click on the System menu (Settings if you're using Wookie's default Aeon Nox (hulk profile) skin.
Appearance
Skin Confluence (or it could say Confluence Customizable Mod or Aeon Nox) - click this entry
Select Confluence for plain, simple, fast, stable
Select Confluence Customizable Mod for the old DroidBOX Wizard default Skin
Select Aeon Nox for the Wookie's default skin.
In either of those cases, confirm you want to Keep the changes.