mush

Jul 26, 2016
Well my t8 box did the usual thing and stopped working due to lack of storage, well after the usual fumbling, and many you tube vids got it to work for a couple hours.
Then read a bit on the forums and emptying the recycle bin was mentioned to help free more space, only trouble is I have no idea how to get to it to empty the thing.

So could some kind soul explain how I can access the recycle bin to empty it please.

Oh and ello I'm new, thanks in advance..

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, try going to setting (2 cogs) and then Other and more setting. Here scroll down to storage and here you can see how it's been taken up. 1st clear cache for all apps, now if misc files is taking up a lot of storage do this.
Go back into kodi and then go to programs and here look for Xunity maintenance or areswizard if you have them. Now go in and say for Xunity maintenance look for Maintenance then delete packages. This should clear a lot of these misc files for you.
If you have Ares wizard then just go to maintenance and packages and clear them to.
Misc file are bits of info from updates and other files that you don't need, so it's good to do this around once a week, clear cache daily.
Hope this helps

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you don't have these and you cant start kodi because your memory is low then do this.
Again go you setting, other, more setting and this time go to Apps. Now go to kodi and here force stop and the clear data.
This will clear data and take kodi back to a new install so you will have to run a wizard.

Good luck

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
To clear the recycle bin, go to the ES file Explorer and on your left go to tools and click so it expands. Then click on recycle bin and empty it....
It also might be along the bottom of the main menu too.
Hope this helps you.

Enjoy

mush

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks will give this a go and keep my fingers crossed.

Edit also tried to factory reset the box from the settings menu and the pin in the little button on the side and the box would just boot up as normal and go to home screen, will give the force stop ago.

Pitty I wasn't 25 years younger and had a good grasp of all this technology

Last edited:

mush

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks David for your patience, reset it all and now it fires up just got to install a wizard now , got any recommendations ? was using wookie but seems very temperamental.

Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Regarding the Recycle Bin, boot your DroidBOX up and open the list of all applications (normally a circle with six dots from the homescreen). Open ES File Explorer. Expand the TOOLS menu on the left hand side at the bottom.
If Recycle Bin is turned ON already, click on it (not the switch to the right, click the words). You should be able to empty the bin from there. Once this is done, you can then click on that switch I said to avoid. This will leave you with an empty, disabled Recycle Bin.

[edit]
Then I re-read this thread more carefully and see David already passed on this info, sorry!

Reactions: David Savage