1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittboy CFW v3.9 Beta 20190610 for v2, v3 & v3.5

Discussion in 'BittBoy and Pocket Go Retro Gaming Handheld' started by Dave C, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

Find out more and buy the Bittboy v3.5 at https://droidbox.co.uk/bittboy-v2-retro-gaming-emulator-portable-handheld.html

Download from

NOTE: You can find out your model of Bittboy on our FAQ at https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/bittboy-faq.15489/

Bittboy v2 & v2.5 models v3.9 firmware - https://mega.nz/#!Y1JDzKSS!ulxaNaPxAuYn_Um6ywNN4RQ1dlhE-uGLvukQD577oxI
    Bittboy v3 model v3.9 firmware - https://mega.nz/#!ggYWlSwA!kY574ojHRlYnjwhvCUyOYaFre2WcWq1bJi94JLjYyVM
    Bittboy v3.5 model v3.9 firmware - https://mega.nz/#!g5BW1CLR!NgvWBVr8BORLEVEF942nw5ECqM12h4-RveECG1gxOjg

How to install

Note - If you have not installed any custom firmware on the SD card and are using original firmware, please do a fresh install.

Fresh install - https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/bittboy-custom-firmware-installation/
    Update install - https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-update-bittboy-custom-firmware/

Changelog:

*POKEMINI: New Emulator Added! Pokemon Mini (pokemini emulator) - Thanks scooterpsu
    *GAMBATTE: Updated and sorted the included palettes - Thanks 2TMAU5
    +See pastebin link below for information on using more of the included palettes
    *SMS/GG: SMS Plus GX emulator updated with input remapping support - Thanks sauce
    *SNES: Optimised SNES9X - Thanks scooterpsu
    +Save location updated from '.snes96_snapshots' to '.snes9x4d'. If upgrading move old save files.
    *HERETIC: Shareware datafile included
    +To play full version, copy HERTIC.WAD to 'games\hheretic'
    *HEXEN: Fix - Game now runs fullscreen - thanks scooterpsu
    *HEXEN: Shareware datafile included
    +To play full version, copy HEXEN.WAD to 'games\hhexen'
    *STRIFE: New Game Added! Chocolate Strife - Thanks scooterpsu
    +Requires the retail STRIFE1.WAD datafile to be copied to 'games\ccdoom'
    *SKIN: New default skin: Grid theme. Updated with new font, additional wallpapers and other improvements - Thanks 2TMAU5

*GENERAL INFO:

-Shutting down the Bittboy:
    Not shutting down safely can cause microSD corruption
    +To safely shut down the bittboy:
    *Exit from the emulator or game you are playing to return to the main menu (gmenu)
    *Hold the 'R' button to open the Power Menu
    *Press A to Shut Down
    *When the screen turns black, flick the power switch

-Screen timeout/sleep mode (only applies while in the main menu):
    +The default screen timeout is 90 seconds. After this the screen will go black. Press 'R' to wake it up
    +The default power timeout is 10 minutes. After the bittboy has been idle for 10 minutes it will perform a soft shutdown
    *Once this has occurred, you must flick the power switch off and back on to wake the bittboy

-Bitt-Boy boot animation
    +The bitt-boy boot animation can be disabled to speed up boot time:
    *Rename or delete the file 'boot-logo' from the root of the microSD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*CANNONBALL (Outrun Arcade):

-Place Outrun datafiles in '\.cannonball\roms'
    -See '.cannonball\roms\Place outrun ROM files here.txt' for information on required files

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*DOOM:
    -Shareware WAD file is included
    -To play other WADs, copy them to '\roms\PC\DOOM'

*DOS:

-DOSBox boots to the menu system 'LaunchBox for MS-DOS SE 2.0'
    -To play the included game (Shareware Commander Keen Episode 1 "Marooned on Mars") Press 'start'

Controls:
    -The keys to launch, quit and play are mapped
    -Bittboy buttons map as:
    UP - UP
    DOWN - DOWN
    LEFT - LEFT
    RIGHT - RIGHT
    B - SPACE
    A - LCTRL
    TB - LSHIFT
    TA - LALT
    SELECT - ESCAPE
    START - RETURN
    R - RCTRL

-When another key needs to be pressed (eg to quit the game) the On Screen Keyboard (OSK) must be used
    -To open (or close) the OSK and input other keys, press Start+B together. They must be pressed at the exact same time

Exiting from DOSbox:
    1)First Quit Commander Keen:
    -Press select. Use the OSK when prompted to press a key to quit

2)Then Exit the LaunchBox menu:
    -Press 'TA' to select the 'File' menu, press start to accept. Use the dpad to choose 'Exit', press start to accept

Adding new DOS games:
    -DOSBOX uses '\roms\PC\DOS' as 'C:\'
    -DOSBOX configuration file location: '\emus\dosbox\dosbox.conf'

-Place the new game folder within '\roms\PC\DOS'
    -Edit '\roms\PC\DOS\LAUNCHBX\LAUNCHBX.TXT' to add the new game to the LaunchBox menu
    -See example file 'LAUNCHBX - Example.TXT' in the same location

*GAMBATTE:

-Palette info:
    +The CFW includes a collection of palettes configured to use, with more available to be copied by the user
    +Palette files that are located directly within '.gambatte\palettes' will be displayed by the gameboy emulator (gambatte)
    +To use the additional included palettes: Move palette files (.pal) located within subfolders of '.gambatte\palettes' to directly within '.gambatte\palettes'

*HERETIC:

-Shareware datafile is included
    -To play the full version, copy the retail HERTIC.WAD to 'games\hheretic\'

*HEXEN:

-Shareware datafile is included
    -To play the full version, copy the retail HEXEN.WAD to 'games\hhexen\'

*SOD:

-Shareware datafiles are included
    -To play the retail/full version of Spear of Destiny:

-Copy the retail SOD datafiles (all .SOD files other than config.SOD) to 'games\sod\'
    -In the same folder:
    -Delete (or rename) the file 'sod'
    -Rename the file 'sod-Retail' to 'sod'

The SOD icon on the games tab of your bittboy will now load the full game instead of the shareware version.

*STRIFE:

-Only the full version datafile (STRIFE1.WAD) is supported
    -To play strife:
    -Copy the 'STRIFE1.WAD' datafile from a full copy of the game to 'games\ccdoom'

*Wolf3D:

-Shareware datafiles are included
    -To play the retail/full version of Wolfenstein 3D:

-Copy the retail Wolf3D datafiles (all .WL6 files other than config.WL6) to 'games\wolf3d\'
    -In the same folder:
    -Delete (or rename) the file 'wolf3d'
    -Rename the file 'wolf3d-Retail' to 'wolf3d'

The Wolf3D icon on the games tab of your bittboy will now load the full game instead of the shareware version.

*Emulator Info:

Emulator Name Icon Name ROM Selector Location Info
    ------------- --------- --------------------- ----
    GameBoy gambatte \roms\GB Current Gambatte (20190512)
    GBA gpsp_gameblabla \roms\GBA Current GPSP, re-mappable controls
    NES fceux \roms\NES
    SNES snes9x4d \roms\SNES
    SMS/GG smsplusgx \roms\SMS
    MEGADRIVE picodrive \roms\SMD Also supports MegaCD(SegaCD) and SMS
    2600 stella \roms\2600
    LYNX handy \roms\LYNX
    PC ENGINE temper \roms\PCE
    ARCADE mame4all \roms\MAME Internal MAME ROM selector. Uses MAME 0.37b5 set
    NEOGEO gngeo \roms\NEOGEO Place BIOS (NEOGEO.zip) in '\roms\NEOGEO' along with games
    DOS dosbox Uses '\roms\PC\DOS' as 'C:\'
    POKEMINI pokemini \roms\POKEMINI Pokemon Mini emulator
    WSWAN oswan \roms\WSWAN
    PS1 pcsx \roms\PS1
    GB-RUMBLE gambatte_sdl \roms\GB Older Gambatte (20190326). Rumble support
    GB-OHBOY ohboy \roms\GB Alternative Gameboy/Gameboy Color emulator
    GBA-RUMBLE gpsp \roms\GBA Older GPSP. Rumble support

-ROM selector location can be changed for each emulator by pressing select, choosing edit, then changing 'selector path'
    -'Icon Name' is the png image file name required for the emulator when creating themes (located in gmenu2x\skins\<theme name>\icons)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Lopez7

Lopez7 New Member

Hi, thank you for the new custom firmware. I want to know, how do I get out of a game in DOS? I do not understand what to do. Please.

Enviado desde mi Pixel 2 XL mediante Tapatalk

3. Adding new DOS games:
    -DOSBOX uses '\roms\PC\DOS' as 'C:\'
    -DOSBOX configuration file location: '\emus\dosbox\dosbox.conf'

-Place the new game folder within'\roms\PC\DOS'
    -Edit'\roms\PC\DOS\LAUNCHBX\LAUNCHBX.TXT' to add the new game to the LaunchBox menu
    -See example file 'LAUNCHBX - Example.TXT' in the same location

Lopez7 likes this.
  4. Dave C

5. The unpacked version 3.9 has 8 gigs, my card is 8 gigs, but says 46 megabytes of space is missing. Can we reduce the image? Card purchased from Bittboy itself.

6. Dave C

You should be able to write it, the person that made the image may have been using a different make of Micro SD card.

7. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

Hello! I have a problem with this CFW in my Bittboy v2... controls doesnt work right in menu and can not to use my console, can not to execute an emulator.

I thought myabe installing CFW v3.8 could to work right... but links to download are dead :-(

thanks!!...

8. Dave C

Please see my reply in your other post for some things to try.

9. naaaate

naaaate New Member

Just upgraded my V3 to CFW 3,9. Everything works fine apart from GBC roms. Not recognised and not showing under the emulator icon, crash when opening with the explorer app on the device..

10. Dave C

have you unzipped the files? the filenames should end in .gbc

Luciano Gardim likes this.
  11. naaaate

naaaate New Member

Files are unzipped and end with a .gbc.
    I can view all of the files in the explorer app on bittboy. When opening them they crash straight away.
    Tried updating the sd card twice with the same success. Everything else works apart from the gbc roms.

12. Dave C

What emulator are you using?

13. naaaate

naaaate New Member

Tried GB-OHBOY ohboy (Gameboy/Gameboy Color emulator) first and did not work, then tried literally every emulator on the device with the prefix GB and nothing

14. Dave C

Gameboy Colour games are .gbc, Gameboy games are .gb. While the emulator may support both, having the wrong filename extension may cause issues. Have you tried the games on a PC Gameboy emulator? It may be worth trying it in case the actual files are the issue.

15. naaaate

naaaate New Member

My .gbc (Gameboy Colour) roms work fine on the PC Gameboy emulator, they do not work on the Bittboy Gameboy emulator

16. Dave C

There should be a new CFW out today or tomorrow which may fix the issue. Check the new version, I will post a new post for it, when it is available. If not we can look into it further.

17. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

On my bittboy v3.5 after the update, neogeo dont run... With cfw 3.5 when i push neogeo emulator the app start running and then i choose the rom... Now i can see all my roms but anything cant run... I have already place neogeo.zip file on my rom folder... How can i fix it?

18. 1.8matt

1.8matt New Member

I noticed on 3.9 when shutting down, if I turn the switch off immediately after hitting power on the UI, next boot won't go past the initial screen and I have to dirty shut down. If I wait ~10 seconds and then hit the switch, everything is fine. And I don't know if this is software or hardware, but I have a constant buzzing through my speaker at all times.

19. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

Will have today a new CFW? I hope the new fixes my problem... I have can not use my console yet :-(