1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bittboy CFW v3.9 Beta 20190610 for v2, v3 & v3.5

Discussion in 'BittBoy and Pocket Go Retro Gaming Handheld' started by Dave C, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Dave C

Dave C Administrator Staff Member

You should wait a few seconds before switching it off. The buzzing is a known issue in the Bittboy and affects all models. It is to do with the screen backlight I believe.

2. Dave C

The release is not out yet. I have tried the GBC emulator and it appears to be working fine. You can try reinstalling the firmware from scratch and see if this resolves the issue. If you had updated it may have been an old setting conflicting for example.

3. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

Thanks for your help. I tried with 2 differents SD and get the same... Do you know how to reinstall stock firmware?

4. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

here I have recorded a video of my issue, can be seen keys are not mapped right

Here a message I get when power on the console, the interesting is in the end of the message

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Hmmm... This looks like that you have change input.conf file from main/gmenu2x... If you havent change some lines in that file then there is a hardware problem...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Extract zip on your desktop and copy paste input.conf to main gmenu2x and try again...

Attached Files:

7. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Have you install cfw 3.9 for v2 bittboy?

8. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

Ok I am gonna try coping input.conf, but I have not changed.

Yes installed 3.9 for v2.. the reason which this is strange

9. Electrical problem on board?

10. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

whit ctock firmware worked fine... then I can soy is not a electrical problem on board... must be something wrong in firmware. I am gonna try changing input file

11. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

tested changing input file and getting the same issue.. I am gonna return the console to aliexpress

12. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Yeap... I think its a hardware issue then...

13. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Are you sure that your bittboy is v.2?

14. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

Yes v2, there is no barcode on the back :-( I am gonna return it, cause in the announcement said its v3.5 and I get v2... I will post again when get the new console.
    Thank you for your help everybody

15. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Well i think that they just forget to put the sticker on the back... Maybe its v3.5... If you could disassemble the device and send me a pic of the inside i could tell you your version.

16. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

is v2 cause in the box is writted can use in TV, v3.5 haves not TV OUT and box is different...

17. Send a photo of the board.

b-boy_steve likes this.
  18. b-boy_steve

b-boy_steve New Member

Om my v3.5 box is written too... But there isn't any av cable in the box... Just send a photo of the board...

19. Dave C

The Bittboy v2 with original firmware has TV out support. Versions after does not have support as they all use a Custom Firmware of one type or another which does not support it at the moment. I believe later Bittboy models do not have the video cable in the box due to this.

b-boy_steve likes this.
  20. KRIEG

KRIEG New Member

Here is my PCB, which version?the seller said me is v3.5 but with v2 box version...
    [​IMG]