Kristine

Jun 26, 2020
Good Morning & Thanks for Reading,

I’m so upset. I was lying in the dark playing my Bittboy 3.5 and I lowered the screen brightness (in settings menu) too low and now i can’t seem to turn brightness back up! The screen is black so I can’t navigate to settings menu. I tried a flash light, and pushing Select+TB button and nothing. Any suggestions? This is one of the biggest user errors of my life. Please help! Thank you for your time, Kristine

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Good Morning & Thanks for Reading,

I’m so upset. I was lying in the dark playing my Bittboy 3.5 and I lowered the screen brightness (in settings menu) too low and now i can’t seem to turn brightness back up! The screen is black so I can’t navigate to settings menu. I tried a flash light, and pushing Select+TB button and nothing. Any suggestions? This is one of the biggest user errors of my life. Please help! Thank you for your time, Kristine

Can you please try SELECT+A to raise it, SELECT+B to lower it, if you are on the regular firmware ?
In case above doesn't work. You may try re-flashing of firmware.

Kristine

Jun 26, 2020
Can you please try SELECT+A to raise it, SELECT+B to lower it, if you are on the regular firmware ?
In case above doesn't work. You may try re-flashing of firmware.
Hello, I tried but nothing....still black. Thank you for your suggestion. Please let me know if you have any others!

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Hello, I tried but nothing....still black. Thank you for your suggestion. Please let me know if you have any others!

Sorry to hear that firmware flashing also didn't work. I would recommend to contact our support with purchase Order id for next step of solution.

B-Dogg

Oct 10, 2020
I just did the exact same thing and feel so stupid. If anyone has any solution for this it would be greatly appreciated. Even just a screenshot of the setting menu will do so I can try to navigate to the brightness setting and attempt to change it blindly.

I just got this and really want to play it more. Thanks.

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
I just did the exact same thing and feel so stupid. If anyone has any solution for this it would be greatly appreciated. Even just a screenshot of the setting menu will do so I can try to navigate to the brightness setting and attempt to change it blindly.

I just got this and really want to play it more. Thanks.
Could you please confirm if you have also tried doing a firmware reflashing as well?

B-Dogg

Oct 10, 2020
No worries guys, I figured it out. Held Select and pressed R which turned the brightness all the way back up so I could actually see it again. Success!

Hopefully this helps the original poster too.

Reactions: BenDroiX