8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
New T8-S box stuck on a black screen after opening up Openelec.
Hi

Can you please power On/OFF the box and see if results are the same.

If its black screen all that you see,While you are turning ON the box,please take a look at small LED screen on the box.

Straight from turning on it should say boot after that it should display time .

If that works properly that means that everything is OK with the box and what might happen is that your TV/monitor is not supported by openELEC.

What you could do is simply try to use different TV/monitor set and then you will be able to switch back to android by clicking on power OFF icon on bottom left corner on the screen and then Switch Back to Android.

Once you are again in android box will work properly on your TV/monitor set that you are using at the moment.

If this is not the case and boot message and time is not displayed please message us back!

Graham Engley

Sep 24, 2015
Hi

Yes the box says boot when loading then displays the time, I get the openelec image then a black screen!.

Why would you sell a box that only works on certain TVs!!.

Openelec worked perfectly on my Raspberry PI 2!.

What's the difference. :-s

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi,try going to settings/other/more settings/apps/kodi app click force stop then clear cache.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Openelec is a lot smoother as it has no back ground apps running in the back ground. I use it on my T8s box too, glad you managed to sort your box out, with the help of the above members...great forum.

Thanks and enjoy

kentmagpie

Oct 28, 2015
I've sorted it so far :).

I reset the box from the reset button wiped data and cleared cache.

Now I have Kodi running in openelec.

See how it goes from here

Sorry for very late reply Graham but im interested to know what build you've run on the openelec side of the t8s? I've not been able to use any builds on either side of the box apart from wookie .

Thanks