1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen on mxq box , ?? No android figure plz help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grawalk666 j, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Grawalk666 j

Grawalk666 j New Member

Mxq box shows blue light but totally black screen with a no signal message only reset button does not pull up Android figure plz help ? Is it what's called bricked I have seen this in research but no idea how to fix , Thanks

2. Nigelar

Nigelar Well-Known Member

You might want to try a few more obvious things first

- different HDMI cable
    - different HDMI port on tv
    - different tv

3. Grawalk666 j

Grawalk666 j New Member

I've tried all those , but thanks for trying

4. Nigelar

Nigelar Well-Known Member

5. Grawalk666 j

Grawalk666 j New Member

Tried that , I don't get anything doing it not even Android man ? Just goes back to black screen no signal

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

If the device came from us, drop an email to support@DroidBOX.co.uk with your DroidBOX order number and full delivery address.
    If the device was sold by someone else, it might be worth checking with their support team/community forum in case there is a fix for your specific hardware. If they mention a recovery firmware, it would be worth trying that. They would have the files specific to your device, don't download one for a different model.

7. SmokingElectronics

SmokingElectronics Active Member

if it's a brick I have done posts on fixing it and making cables etc

8. Grawalk666 j

Grawalk666 j New Member

Can u link me plz to said posts thanks smokingelectronics

9. SmokingElectronics

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/bricked-mx2-box.4226/#post-35937

be very careful with the bios version I flashed mine with a media box rom works but not the right rom and it acts goofy
    also these lower boxes don't support kodi 17.3 use a dual boot libreelec 8 or ask @ChrisM or another member for the other
    systems that can go on the boxes
    I have dual boot libreelec on my mxq I prefer it rock solid and runs better than the android side the android side of my box was crap even before being bricked errors glitches etc libreelec like a new box

10. SmokingElectronics